Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-21 15:24:30

Kirk Dickinson

How To Send Invitations?

I posted here because I didn't see a section for Adobe Connect Seminars.

I am trying to send out an invitation to all my participants. I created the room, added the participants to it. I assigned different people as presenters and participants. I then scheduled a Seminar. Under the Schedule is a button for Invite. I clicked that and fine tuned the email. I fully expected when I clicked email, that it would send an email to all participants. IT DID NOT. It opens my own email program with that message.

Is Adobe Connect Seminars unable to send invitation? Is that feature in a different place?

I find this software very confusing with layers and layers of things that I don't seem to need, and other things that are hidden in strange places.

I keep watching tutorials but find that many of the things in the tutorials are tailored for Meeting and they don't work the same way in Seminars.

Thanks

#2 2019-04-22 14:31:42

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: How To Send Invitations?

The Seminar rooms do work a little differently than Meetings.

The Seminar rooms don't have the same email option as the Meeting rooms. Instead there is the option you found under a scheduled session. However the Session has no knowledge of who is supposed to have access, and therefore just opens a pre-built email in your email client, allowing you to send it to anyone who needs it.

Alternatively, since you have a Seminar license, that means you can use the Events tool in Connect as well. The Events tool can schedule sessions in your Seminar room(s), manages registrations, and has a range of emails that can be sent out to individuals who are invited or registered for the event. The great thing about these emails is they are HTML, rather than plain text.

Hope that helps.

#3 2019-04-22 16:26:29

kirkdickinson

Thanks, I didn't know that. I went through the entire 4 hour training on Lyndia.com and have watched a lot of videos on YouTube, but still feel like I know very little about this program. I saw mention of an Event Wizard. Is that what would be used to do that?

I already preloaded all my attendees from a csv file with preassigned passwords and put them all in a newly created list called Attendees. All the attendees have been added to my Scheduled seminar. I notified all my attendees by email with a mailmerge from my desktop. I hope this works. I have a test tonight and plan to do a 4 hour training tomorrow.

I am a little nervous.

Last edited by kirkdickinson (2019-04-22 16:27:42)

#4 2019-04-23 10:15:48

Jorma_at_CoSo

The Events tool can be complicated to get set up the first time through, there are a lot of options. But once you do it a couple times you learn which options are important to you and the rest can be glossed over.

On Thursdays Adobe does a free training about Events. Maybe that would be beneficial to attend so you can see it in action and ask questions.

https://events-ar.adobeconnect.com/cont … =789906898

#5 2019-04-23 10:32:45

kirkdickinson

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

On Thursdays Adobe does a free training about Events. Maybe that would be beneficial to attend so you can see it in action and ask questions.

https://events-ar.adobeconnect.com/cont … =789906898

Thanks,
Kirk

Board footer