Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-14 08:39:04

mbelinkie

Powerpoint decks with triggered animations

I want to use Powerpoint decks where the presenter has the ability to click on parts of the slide to make things happen. At first it looked like these were working perfectly in Adobe Connect. It's only when we tried to present to an audience that we noticed something weird: the viewers do NOT see the animations the presenter is triggering, even when the presenter sees them fine. Instead, each viewer has the ability to trigger these animations themselves, as long as the presenter remains on this slide.

We'd really like the ability for the presenter to trigger animations and have the viewers see them. Specifically, we're eliminating incorrect answer choices and we want to be able to do it in the order people suggest. (To do this by creating additional slides would mean creating slides in every possible order of elimination, and besides it would mean the presenter cannot also draw on the slide and have those drawings remain.)

I know we could just have the presenter screenshare a Powerpoint presentation, but there are drawbacks to that (we'd need to make sure that every presenter has a current version of Powerpoint and all the fonts, and they would need a second monitor to see the chat). Does anyone have a better workaround here?

#2 2019-04-16 15:46:55

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Powerpoint decks with triggered animations

Short answer, it isn't really possible in Connect.

When you upload the presentation to the room, it is converted to a Flash presentation on the server before it is displayed in the share pod. That conversion doesn't support the functionality you are looking to have.

Sadly, such is the downside to using a tool that has to play by Microsoft and then Adobe rules. The best work around may be to look at using a tool like Captivate, which would eliminate the MS side of things. But, this would mean you'd likely have to recreate all the content in another tool (not ideal, I know).

Board footer