Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-01-31 00:10:21

kimord

Adobe Connect desktop app

Hello, I cannot get the desktop app to connect to any of the rooms I use it on.  I was using it earlier today and all was fine, but about an hour later, it would not connect to the same place (same room, same URL.  And I have not found a way to correct the issue.

I can load the rooms if I run flash on my browser and able to access the rooms on my tablet through the app for Android, so I know it is not an account issue (through my school).  It seems to be an issue with my desktop version of Adobe Connect (desktop app).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app 3 times with no change.

The desktop app opens, I enter my username and password (and even tried it as a guest) and go to the Terms of Use and then click ok to proceed.  When the next page comes up where a popup window states to open Adobe Connect, I click ok.  The app opens and shows a gray background, with Adobe Connect in the middle.  The blue progress bar goes from the left to right and that is it. 

I have left it open with no change, and I have noticed before that right under the blue progress bar it would say "Connecting ..." and then it would take me into the room.  At this time the word "Connecting ..." does not show up at all. It stops before that step.

I first rebooted my laptop and tried again, the same thing, stuck on that screen.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the desktop app, same problem.  I uninstalled, rebooted the laptop, reinstalled the desktop app again ... same place t gets stuck.

I uninstalled and reinstalled again -  the same thing. 

I can get into the rooms from the browser by allowing flash each time and it works fine through the browser.  It is just the desktop app having issues, but I cannot find any fixes for this issue.

Any help will be very appreciated as I use Adobe Connect desktop app for a chapter of an honor society for all our meetings.

Board footer