Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-12-19 07:20:02

Mario Wehr

HTML client not loading fully in Adobe Connect 10.1

Hi,

We have a problem with the new 10.1 HTML client.
We upgraded our self hosted Adobe Connect server from 9.8.2 to 10.1. So far all seems to work fine, except the new HTML client.
In the attached image you could see that the loading status of the HTML client is stopping at 87,5% in every browser on every operating system.
HTML client stuckt.
Is someone else having this problem?

regards
Mario

#2 2019-02-20 13:34:04

JSchaaf

Re: HTML client not loading fully in Adobe Connect 10.1

Did you ever get this resolved? We are having similar issues.

#3 2019-02-25 16:15:57

rward156

Also experiencing this. Confirmed we have the Adobe Connect Transmuxing Server (ACTS) running.

#4 2019-03-31 16:15:22

Bahri SAGIRLI

Same problem on me. Any solution?

#5 2019-04-02 02:38:07

Mario Wehr

We also have ACTS running.
The problem persits after upgrade to 10.2
By the way, we also got not response/help from Adobe, very disappointing.
Maybe we will change to another product.

Last edited by Mario Wehr (2019-04-02 02:39:02)

#6 2019-04-02 09:54:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

After talking with the team here at CoSo, it looks like it is possibly one of the following:

2 possible issues. Based on the messages I see in the image the first is not likely the issue. 

1) Cannot mix HTTPS/RTMPS and ACT without using wss:443 .. ACT must be same protocol as the webclient/meeting. 

2) More likely , we had to have the ACT/FMS servers resolve on the internal IP for the ACT server to talk to it correctly. Split brain for the back end essentially. The external customers can use public IPs, but the infra need to talk to itself.

This isn't an issue related to the version of Connect, other than Connect 10+ has an ACTS server. The documentation and community knowledge of the ACTS server and how best to implement it is still pretty light, but we're all learning together.

#7 2019-09-04 14:58:45

Kevin

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

After talking with the team here at CoSo, it looks like it is possibly one of the following:

2 possible issues. Based on the messages I see in the image the first is not likely the issue. 

1) Cannot mix HTTPS/RTMPS and ACT without using wss:443 .. ACT must be same protocol as the webclient/meeting. 

2) More likely , we had to have the ACT/FMS servers resolve on the internal IP for the ACT server to talk to it correctly. Split brain for the back end essentially. The external customers can use public IPs, but the infra need to talk to itself.

This isn't an issue related to the version of Connect, other than Connect 10+ has an ACTS server. The documentation and community knowledge of the ACTS server and how best to implement it is still pretty light, but we're all learning together.

Agreed.  Documentation from Adobe is weak, especially w/ something as integral as the ACTS server and the re-emergence of Connect.

#8 2020-02-06 11:33:32

Jorma_at_CoSo

Well I was just enlightened with a solution. There is an API call that you may need to run.

Login in as an admin and then run this API call, https://yourserver/api/xml?action=acl-field-update&acl-id=7&field-id=auto_show_guided_hint&value=false

I always thought this API call was to hide the Help guide that pops open when you open a meeting, so I'm not 100% sure why it works, but I had to use this for a customer account and it did allow the HTML version of the Connect room to launch.

#9 2020-02-07 13:33:16

Kevin

Jorma_at_CoSo wrote:

Well I was just enlightened with a solution. There is an API call that you may need to run.

Login in as an admin and then run this API call, https://yourserver/api/xml?action=acl-field-update&acl-id=7&field-id=auto_show_guided_hint&value=false

I always thought this API call was to hide the Help guide that pops open when you open a meeting, so I'm not 100% sure why it works, but I had to use this for a customer account and it did allow the HTML version of the Connect room to launch.

That is wild.  We use the same call to suppress guided hints.  What on earth does this have to do with ACTS?!

Board footer