Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-11-09 14:40:56

ahmed123

Unable to end a running session or change its roles

Hello,
I am beginner in Adobe Connect so I have set up an additional user account to use as a participant or presenter to see the effect in seminar sessions.

Unfortunately, I faced two problems with this:
1- There is lag time between changing the role of that "test" account and the effect to take place. for instance, I assigned the test account as host, then removed it from seminar "Edit participants", but still can access the ongoing session as a host!
The change needed a good time with many attempts of logging in and out!

2- When setting a session with long duration, I am not able to end or delete it. I log to the session using Adobe Connect PC application and host role and click "end meeting" from meeting menu, click "OK" and get closing message.  However, when I try to delete the session from the seminar management page, I get an error message saying:
"The session(s) you are trying to delete is running."

When I log in again to the session I find it still running!

How to solve these two issues?
Best Regards

Last edited by ahmed123 (2018-11-09 14:43:24)

#2 2018-11-09 18:34:09

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Unable to end a running session or change its roles

Welcome,

I think the issue is just a matter of understanding how Connect works.

1. This is an issue you are facing because of how Connect 'knows' who you are. When you log into a Connect session a cookie is placed in your browser cache that allows Connect to re-authenticate you within the window of that cookie being valid. Part of that cookie's information is your role within the session. Since Connect has no real way of knowing if you leave and re-join a session or just lose internet connectivity and then re-gain it, your status in the room is retained for a while in that cookie.

There are two easy solutions.
a) Clear your browser cache after you leave the meeting room.
b) Use a different browser or a private window of your browser to re-join the room. This will not reference your existing session cookie.

2. When you create a session in a Seminar room in Connect it locks the use of that room for the duration of that session. As a result you may have to wait for that scheduled session to end before deleting the room. 

The functionality of Seminar rooms is different from Meeting rooms in this sense, where you an create/delete Meeting rooms at your will without worrying about scheduled sessions. However, Connect rooms of any variety are designed to be used whenever you need them 24/7. So you don't need to create/delete rooms, but instead just use the same room over and over. This also allows you to upload any assets you need to the room at any point you want prior to the session and they are available to you for any session in that room.

Hope that helps.

Board footer