Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-10-18 05:28:52

Juan Carlos

Problems migrating Connect 9.2 from one server to other

Hi,
now I am working with Connect 8.2 and I am preparing migration to 9.8.
I have prepared an image of production environment and I am working with it for testing.
First of all I have migrated from 8.2 to 9.2 without problems in my test server (W2008R2).
I want to take advantage and migrate to other test server (W2016). I have attached the installation disk from the first test server to the new one (to move content, log,....).

The problems appears when I try to install 9.2 in the new server to upgrade to 9.8 later. The installation program execute but it stops in step "Installing" and througths the following error "The installation of Adobe Connect is finished, but some errors occurred during the install.  Please see the installation log for details"

If I have checked the install log (cp_install.log) and I can see the following lines:
10-18 09:55:55: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler] -     Migrate
10-18 09:55:55: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler] -     Migrate Save Folder: E:\breeze\9.2.1
10-18 09:55:55: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler] -     Migrate Working Folder: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxx\Desktop\Adobe Connect 9.2.1\Adobe Connect\Disk1\InstData\VM\working\old\cps
10-18 09:55:58: [SEVERE] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.GenerateConfigsAction] -    
com.adobe.connectpro.config.utils.ConfigException[ACON-CONF-400-001]: Failed attempt to migrate files to new version
    at com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler.migrate(MigrationHandler.java:360)
    at com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler.migrate(MigrationHandler.java:163)
    at com.adobe.connectpro.config.action.MigrationAction.migrate(MigrationAction.java:44)
    at com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.GenerateConfigsAction.install(GenerateConfigsAction.java:184)
    at com.zerog.ia.installer.actions.CustomAction.installSelf(DashoA10*..)
    at ZeroGaei.run(DashoA10*..)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler.readFile(MigrationHandler.java:469)
    at com.adobe.connectpro.config.migration.MigrationHandler.migrate(MigrationHandler.java:257)
    ... 5 more
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.SetStatusCodeAction] -     *******START SetStatusCode Action********
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.SetStatusCodeAction] -     ACTION STARTED
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.SetStatusCodeAction] -     START: Stage Started
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.SetStatusCodeAction] -     *******COMPLETED SetStatusCode Action********
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.DefaultBrowserTrimmer] -     *******START DefaultBrowser Action********
10-18 09:55:58: [INFO] -     [class com.adobe.connectpro.install.action.server.DefaultBrowserTrimmer] -     *******END DefaultBrowser Action********

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advantage.

Board footer