Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-11-20 08:06:40

Haluk

Anomalies in Adobe connect on MAC

Adobe connect virtual class works only on Safari. However, I cannot share my screen. 6 months ago I was able to do so on all browsers. I spent hours by configuring Safari preferences for Adobe flash without success.
Besides I cannot connect microphone and share screen on Firefox, Chrome and opera browsers.

#2 2017-11-20 11:29:09

Jorma_at_Elpis

Re: Anomalies in Adobe connect on MAC

Make sure you have the current application: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/c … pplication

Using the app seems to have better reliability for broadcasting audio and is required to share your screen. The new version of the app can be leveraged when launching Connect from a browser or can be used to get into a Connect room on its own, without using a browser.

#3 2017-11-21 08:08:08

Haluk

Thanks for prompt reply. Unfortunately I was unable to follow your link because it din't work. Please note that I am an Connect 8 user.
Sincerely, yours.

#4 2017-11-21 14:36:21

Jorma_at_Elpis

Sorry I had a typo in the link. It is now fixed and should work.

I believe the app should work with a Connect 8 server, but I'm not 100% on that. Additionally, Connect 8 is pretty old and it may have some compatibility issues with newer systems that were addressed with later versions of Connect. If the app doesn't address the issue, you may need to talk with the Administrator(s) of your account and/or Adobe Support to see what solutions are available.

Board footer