Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-10-25 17:23:22

BrettB

Firefox 56.0.1 (64 bit) and Add-in Issue

Firefox auto-updated yesterday and now meetings will not open in the Add-in. I have ensured that flash is enabled and have run through the test that confirms the Add-in is installed. When I try to open a meeting, it acts like it is opening in the Add-in, but then nothing happens for a long time. Eventually, it opens in a separate browser window (not the Add-in) with broken functionality. The screen share option no longer works.

I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling the browser, the plugin, and restarting my pc among a few other things and nothing seems to work. Chrome, and Edge seem to work fine. Is anyone else experiencing this?

#2 2017-11-08 15:52:52

sfetter

Re: Firefox 56.0.1 (64 bit) and Add-in Issue

Yes ... having the same issue. I've been logging in through Chrome

#3 2017-11-16 05:55:12

Krystian

I have been having the same issue - the new Connect app does not launch automatically from the new 64bit Firefox.

I have found 2x workarounds though:
1 - if the Connect meeting URL in FF has '?proto=true' at the end, it will successfully launch in the app
2 - if the meeting fails to launch in the app, you can open the app from a shortcut on your desktop or in your start bar within a few seconds of requesting it to open and the app will then catch the meeting open request from FF as it opens stand-alone and then open the meeting correctly.

Can anyone else test these and verify if they work for you too?

#4 2017-12-13 05:23:47

jan.derijke@kdg.be

Same issue here (FF 57.0.2 64bit).
Firefox launches a popup (probably requesting to use the connect add in) which immediately disappears.
The ?proto=true workaround works fine.
I'm just launching the connect app (without a browser) from the desktop currently.

Last edited by jan.derijke@kdg.be (2017-12-13 05:24:45)

Board footer