Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-08-24 14:42:22

-antonio-

Opening a meeting/webinar as a host and a participant

I'm new to Adobe Connect and I have a few questions related to opening a meeting/webinar as a host and a participant. I have the Webinar 100 license. I am able to create and modify a meeting. I can switch back and forth between a host and a participant within the meeting by clicking Meeting > Change My Role but I would like to have two separate windows open where I am the host in one and a participant in another. I have seen that it is possible in tutorial videos and I was told it was in a Q&A pod at a Carahsoft webinar. I tried the live chat yesterday and I was told to try the 800-685-3644 but when you follow the prompts for Adobe Connect support I get directed back here to the user forums so I'm hoping I can get some clarity here.

If I open a meeting as a host, copy and paste the meeting URL in another tab or a different browser and try to join the meeting as a participant or if I join the meeting as a participant first and then in another tab or another browser try to join the meeting as the host, I get this error message: "The user limit for this account has been exceeded. Contact your meeting organizer for assistance."  Funny thing is I am the meeting organizer and I cannot offer any assistance.

I think I can answer my own questions here but I need someone who actually knows what they're doing to confirm my answers for me.

1. I think I'm getting the error message because I have a webinar license which will only allow me to create and edit a meeting to use as a template for a webinar through the events module but I can't use it as a meeting with more than one person attending it. Is this true?
2. If I want to have two windows open for a meeting/webinar where in one I'm a host and in the other I'm a participant, I have to create an event, publish it, and attend it because that is the only way my license allows for more than one person to attend. Is this true?
3. Is there any way to do this without publishing the event so it can't be accessed by anyone else? I'm assuming no but why not? I feel like this would be a good tool for practicing a webinar in advance.

Thank you to anyone who can help me with this in advance!

#2 2017-08-24 15:56:17

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Opening a meeting/webinar as a host and a participant

Antonio,

Welcome!

You are using three different tools in Connect and I think they are blurring together. To start with let's clarify the following:

- Webinar rooms (Also called Seminar rooms) - This is what you have a license for. You can create and use Webinar rooms you create in the My Seminars folder. You can use one of these rooms at a time and they can hold up to 100 attendees in a scheduled session or up to 10 attendees in Stand-by Mode (unscheduled session). Sessions can be created in the Seminar Sessions section of the Seminars tab, by creating an Event that is tied to an instance of your Webinar room, or by starting an instant session in a Webinar room.

- Meeting rooms - These are enabled on your account to allow for meeting functionality. They will only hold one attendee (you) and should be used to create template rooms. There is no function for you beyond this with meeting rooms.

- Events - This is where you can create live or on-demand events that users can self-register to attend. The intention is that you get improved tracking and metrics while not having to create user accounts for all that attend.

It sounds to me like you are trying to join a Meeting room twice, which cannot happen on your account due to it being restricted to a single attendee in Meeting rooms. To achieve your goal of being in your Webinar room twice at different roles, I would recommend the following workflow.

- Join your Webinar room in a scheduled or unscheduled session using your Host credentials.
- Using either a private window (incognito if you are using Chrome) or using a different web browser join your Webinar room again as a guest.

You should now be in your Webinar room twice at two different roles on the same computer. The point of using a different browser or a private browsing window is that they don't use the same cache files so your session cookie won't be used for the second login.

Hope that helps.

#3 2017-08-28 15:19:44

-antonio-

Hi Jorma,

Thank you so much for the walk-through. They way you explained it makes complete sense. Looking back, everything you said is in the tutorials I've gone through on connectusers but I was held up on thinking of all Adobe Connect meetings, seminars, and webinars as meetings. I get the distinction between the three now.

This helps a lot. Thanks again!

#4 2017-08-31 10:14:50

Jorma_at_CoSo

Glad I could help clarify. Happy meeting-ing!

Board footer