Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-07-25 09:23:19

saira.longden

Meetings continually freezing

Hi,

I've been using Adobe Connect for about three months, and in the past 2-ish weeks have started experiencing this problem. As the presenter, I can still see and hear everyone in the meeting, and on my screen my video image is still moving. However, for the participants I appear frozen and they cannot hear me. The chat function continues to work, and sometimes the share pods as well though there can be a latency issue especially with the writing tool. The only way to fix this problem is to force quit the meeting room (often the Adobe Connect add-on is non-responsive) and restart. This has been happening 1-5 times per hour for the past few weeks. Before that everything worked perfectly. I haven't changed my computer, my internet, the version of the add-on I use, my web browser, nothing. Meetings start as normal, everything seems fine, then suddenly I freeze.

I'm using a 2016 MacBook Pro with Sierra version 10.12.5, 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5. I've tried both wired and wireless connections, different browsers (Chrome and Safari) updated the add-on, deleted and reinstalled it, updated Flash, increased the cache to unlimited, everything I can think of, nothing helps. I conduct 3-4 hour-long meetings a day, they are English lessons with students in Germany (I am in the UK). This problem could potentially have a very negative effect on my school, which is new and is relying on Adobe Connect -- if our students get a negative impression of our technology, they will not continue their lessons. This issue MUST be resolved.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks for any help you can offer.

#2 2017-08-09 13:11:13

Cindycat1

Re: Meetings continually freezing

If you have a screen share going on, my understanding is that Adobe Connect will allot bandwidth to that first. It also prioritises the audio stream. Filmstrip mode (web cam sharing) is easier on bandwidth than grid mode is. While your bandwidth may be good, much depends upon the bandwidth of the meeting participants. Have you tried lowering the video quality settings?  https://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/ … /index.php

Board footer