Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-07-18 09:40:51

jamie.perez

Using Event Manager for on-demand curriculum blocks outlook for years

I created a 8-course curriculum. In order to allow self-registration, I used the event manager. The curriculum will be available indefinitely, but the event manager must have an end time so I put 2020. When I send invitations to take this training, it blocks off the recipient's calendar until 2020.

My Event Info Includes:

Start time: 6/5/2017
End time: 6/5/2020
Time Zone: ...
Language: ...
Event type: On Demand
Presentation type: Training
Presentation:...
Register Without Password: No
Register with Social Profiles: No
Show in Catalog: Yes

Where and how can I make this training available indefinitely, using self-registration, without blocking off the learners calendar?

#2 2017-07-18 11:22:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Using Event Manager for on-demand curriculum blocks outlook for years

Jamie,

Events must have an end time, there is no way around that.

If you don't want to have registrant's calendars blocked off for years, you'll need to disable the calendar event in the emails that are sent out. You can do this by going to the E-mail Options section of the Event and then use the Customize link for the emails that are going to be sent and un-check the option for Attach Microsoft Outlook calendar event (iCal) to e-mail message. Then scroll down and click Save (easy to miss this step).

Unfortunately, this is one of Connect's weaknesses. Long term or recurring training can be difficult with Connect. It may be worth looking into Captivate Prime as an alternative to see if it could better meet your needs. I'm happy to get you in touch with an experienced person for that if you would like.

#3 2017-07-18 11:38:18

jamie.perez

Re: Using Event Manager for on-demand curriculum blocks outlook for years

Whew. Even with your instructions it was hard to find the checkmark. All is well now. Thank you for your help.  :)

Board footer