Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-07-07 11:34:55

JCarter

Administration - Why should I create users

I am not in charge of the licensing, but the Administration tab says we have - Named Host Pricing Model - Meeting Hosts:   5 / 5 Meeting Peak Concurrent Users:   Unlimited   (Soft Limit: Unlimited) Concurrent Users Per Meeting:   100   (Soft Limit: 100.

And what we do is create meetings and typically send invitations so that anyone with the URL can log in. Then a subject matter expert presents the meeting and we use Poll Pods and Chat to engage the audience and track understanding of the presentation.

I have been asked to explain the Users and Groups section of the Administration. Why should we create specific users or groups? Obviously the disadvantage of doing so is the administrative overhead. In our scenario I don't see an advantage to create specific users for every meeting we have.

#2 2017-07-07 16:02:40

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Administration - Why should I create users

In your scenario, I don't see an advantage to creating specific users either.

The way your licensing works (Named Host Model) is that for the room to function and for attendees to be in the room at elevated rights, a member of the Meeting Host Group (those are you named hosts) must be present. So, as long as one of those five individuals are present in the meeting, then other users can be promoted and given rights to use the pods in the room.

Plain English version of your licensing is:

You can have up to five named accounts that can create and manage meeting rooms that can hold up to one hundred current attendees each. Each Named Host can run one room at a time.

If you wanted to create user accounts for other individuals, rather than having them join as a guest, then they could have their role within the rooms predefined, and they could be allowed into a room without the Host accepting them if they are listed in the Participant list ahead of time. Beyond that, I don't see a real advantage to creating full user accounts.

Does that help?

#3 2017-07-25 08:41:09

alistairlee

Re: Administration - Why should I create users

As Jorma mentioned, there's no real technical requirement to creating additional users. There are a few other ways it might be beneficial.

If you want more accurate reports, having users login can help
If you'd like to use Adobe Connect to send invitations, it would help to have users in the system
If you want some users to automatically have a specific role within the meeting (like a presenter for example), then you would want them to have a user account so you could set this up prior to the meeting start.

If none of these are factors, I agree that you don't need to create additional users.

Board footer