Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-06-30 10:37:32

prohaf

Integrated audio - control volume of individual attendees?

Hello,

We currently use Adobe Connect with a third party audio-conferencing provider.

I came across this chart which shows benefits of using an integrated audio provider:
https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/k … ntegration

I'd love to take advantage of these benefits, in particular "Volume Control"! This chart was last updated in early 2016 so I'm not sure if the information is still correct.

Is PGI the only provider that allows this ability?

I just spoke with Adobe Connect customer service over the phone and they said this feature is no longer supported, but I'm not 100% sure if the rep understood my question :S.

Thanks!

#2 2017-06-30 17:04:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Integrated audio - control volume of individual attendees?

Odd that that is the differentiator on that chart.

Intercall, MeetingOne, PGi, and Conference America should all have volume control as part of their integration. Avaya may, but I've never seen that integration used, as it is only available to on-premise customers.

For MeetingOne and PGi, it can be done by selecting the user in the attendee list and then going to the Pod Options menu for the Attendee pod and selecting Attendee Options > Phone Volume > High/Normal/Low. I believe this would be the same for the others as well.

uc?export=view&id=0B_cPN5LY8RCxS25VVnYwSmw1Q1E

And I think you are right, the support person didn't understand your question.

#3 2017-07-04 13:43:03

prohaf

Thanks Jorma. Unfortunately I can't see the screenshot you posted, could you try re-uploading it? I'm curious what those volume control options look like from the admin-perspective.

#4 2017-07-04 13:55:38

prohaf

Now I came across this link which says MeetingOne is the only integrated audio provider that offers a "Lecture Mode".
https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/using/audio-meetings.html

Is there an up-to-date feature chart that shows which integrated audio providers offer which features?

If I want every feature, should I be going with MeetingOne?

#5 2017-07-06 11:11:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

prohaf,

I believe you should be able to see the image now.

I believe the Lecture Mode option is only available as a menu feature with M1, but most providers have that option in their phone bridges. Often it is called Mute all Participants, but it is there. Just look for that option in your providers star commands.

PGi - *96/*97 mutes and unmutes all participant lines
Intercall - *5/#5 mutes and unmutes all lines except the organizer's
M1 - 4#/40# mute and unmute participants

So, while the option may not be in the Audio menu, the option is almost always available.

Board footer