Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-05-22 14:16:46

MM tokyo

Sharing MP4 videos with mobile users

While some MP4 videos can be seen by mobile users, other MP4 videos cannot be seen.

The MP4 videos that can be watched by mobile users were created with Windows PC (with Corel Video Studio).
The MP4 videos that cannot be watched by mobile users were created with Mac PC (with Adobe Premier).

We are a kind of puzzled.

I found a post, written in 2015, stating that only FLV format videos can be seen by mobile users.
It seems the AC Mobile has improved and some MP4 can be watched by mobile users.

I would appreciate it if anyone can explain why this is happening. (What could be the cause, where is the difference?)

#2 2017-05-22 17:45:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Sharing MP4 videos with mobile users

Without seeing the videos it's hard to say what about them may be causing the issue. When creating MP4's for use with Connect I use the following configuration as a starting point. You can modify it as you see fit, but this is a point to start where everything seems to work and is fairly bandwidth friendly.

MP4
H.264
720 X 480
800 kbps
MP3 audio

Maybe something in Premier is configured differently.

#3 2017-05-26 14:01:40

MM tokyo

Dear Jorma_at_Elpis,
Thank you very much for your quick response.

We discovered that our Adobe Premier videos were rendered with "interlace" mode, while Corel Video Studio videos with "progressive" mode.
When we changed the setting of Premier to "progressive," the videos can be seen by iPad-mini and iPhone.
It seems that we've solved the problem for now.

Somehow, however, with iPad-mini, the video first stops and stays still.
When the host pauses the video and then restarts it, the video on iPad-mini
starts playing. In a way, it is still unstable.

#4 2017-05-26 16:42:41

Jorma_at_CoSo

MM,

Great discovery. Thanks for sharing your fix.

The Android and iOS App just updated yesterday, maybe the pausing of videos on iPads was one of the bug fixes?

Board footer