Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-04-09 18:15:26

egaeus

My recording doesn't have sound.

After successfully doing this at least 30 times, today was different. There was no sound in 'Listen Only Mode'. Consequently, the recording has no audio. This, in spite of the fact that we have used PGI for our telephony all along with success every single time. Since Adobe's support is non-existent, does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this cluster? Is it even retrievable? I am happy to provide any information I can, but I am not sure what the problem is. The audio profile is set up correctly and is unchanged from all of the other times. The computer is unchanged. In fact, nothing has changed. I am at a loss.

#2 2017-04-10 14:12:40

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: My recording doesn't have sound.

To clarify how things work, your computer is irrelevant in this scenario. The audio is set up on the server and is delivered and recorded throgh the server.

Based on your description, here are my questions/suggestions:

1. Was the PGi bridge selected and active, meaning did the Connect room show that it was connected to the phone bridge.
2. Was the option to mute the audio broadcast from the phone enabled?
3. PGi can have the audio recorded in Connect via VoIP or on PGi's servers and then imported to Connect. Do you know which way you have your account set up (found by going to Administration > Compliance and Control > Recordings and Notice)? If it is recorded by PGi, then you may be able to retrieve the MP3 from their servers and then update the recording source files to include that audio. If it is recorded with VoIP, then the recording may be gone.

Board footer