Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-01-05 07:36:19

Sascha

Disable Recordings until all allow enabling it

Hi,

is there a possibility to disable the recordings button? At least until every user have given the permission to record a meeting?

I am asking because of potential legal issues in some countries. Eg in Germany  recording is only allowed with consent of all parties.

It would be acceptable to have the question in our application. Afterwards enabling the button through an API call. Given when all participants gave there consent and joined the meeting. In a next step ( for a good usability ) I would like to have the recording started by an API call, too.

Is this possible?

Kind regards,
Sascha

#2 2017-01-05 18:59:43

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Disable Recordings until all allow enabling it

Sascha,

I don't believe this is very possible in Connect. The short version is that there is no API functionality in Connect that controls this, as access to the recording feature is a pre-existing permission for Hosts in a Meeting.

Your best option may be to use the compliance notice function of Connect and place a statement in there that the sessions may be recorded and by joining the room you accept that condition. This can be configured and enabled by going to Administration > Compliance and Control > Recordings and Notice in Connect Central. You will need Admin rights to enable this setting.

Adobe%20Connect%20-%20Compliance%20Notice.JPG

#3 2017-01-05 19:02:27

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Disable Recordings until all allow enabling it

As a second thought, you may want to reach out to RefinedData and see if this custom pod can be modified to meet your needs.

http://www.refineddata.com/autorecordpod/

This will likely be a more expensive option, but they may be able to build in some logic where once all attendees agree it forces a recording.

Board footer