Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-10-24 13:19:54

cuc1477332843

Login API / Hosted Adobe Connect

In this Adobe Connect "Login" API document I see the following statement:

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-connect/webservices/login-sessions-user-handle-requests.html

With an Adobe Connect hosted account, you cannot use single sign-on or external authentication. You must pass the user’s authentication credentials on the Adobe Connect hosted account, not the credentials for an external network.

What exactly is this saying? Is this saying that I cannot make a call to an Adobe Connect Account from outside of Adobe? My exact scenario is that we are hosted in Adobe but I am wanting to automatically log a user in (single sign on) from a third party application (Canvas LMS).

The statement seems clear in what it is saying but I am not 100% sure. Any insight and / or clarification is greatly appreciated. -chris

#2 2016-10-27 12:48:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Login API / Hosted Adobe Connect

Chris,

If you nee to have Single Sign On (SSO), then  you will need to either use a third party solution or have a self-hosted Connect solution. The Hosted environment of Connect can only have users login via an API call.

Now, you may be able to set up a script that logs the user in to Connect when they log in to Canvas, but that is a discussion with whoever would manage that side of things.

Essentially you would have Canvas attempt to login the user. If they don't have an account, create the account within Connect and then log them in. This can all be done with API calls, but isn't really SSO.

Board footer