Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-10-11 04:42:29

Michael Kelly

Adobe Connect cannot display correct Date Format based on your country

This seems to be a fantastic oversight on Adobe Connects side of things. Yet surprisingly they claim its by design.  If you come from a country with a different Date format like the United Kingdom and Ireland etc modern day systems can determine the date format you wish displayed and adjust your display accordingly.

So for example in using in EXCEL (having set your country code when the computer was setup) your date would be in the relevant format.

This displayed dd/mm/yyyy (or similar). The American style format would be mm/dd/yyyy if that was your country.

Seems simple right? In fact pretty much all web services do the same, detecting your location and making subtle adjustments to your webpage accordingly. You don't have to unlearn your entire life familiarity with the writing and recording of the dates as they will be displayed as you perceived they should be. In fact the code to adjust the dates is really only a few lines, referencing the country code and adjusting the display to the correct date. Its super simple.

However in Adobe Connect, despite setting your country code, the date "flip flops" between formats. On one page it may adjust to the UK format, yet in the Seminar Sessions list, its in the US format. Displaying the dates in two seperate styles on the same system must be (has to be!) a bug right??

... not according to Adobe! I reported this anomaly November 2015. After almost a year to waiting and chasing up Adobe tell me its "by design". So their designers think that having the date format mixed throughout the system is a good design idea. That is actually a terrible idea.

#2 2016-10-12 09:36:51

jonat

Re: Adobe Connect cannot display correct Date Format based on your country

Adobe have the "by design" quite fast on their response line. We should start a thread of "by design".

I'd add this one splendid feature:
Updating license reset the Compliance and Control setting.

This was verified with the Adobe engineering team and as per their response the compliance and control will reset when you upload a license file.  There is no way to prevent it from resetting, you will have to take a screenshot of all the settings and may apply after uploading the license file.

Sure, this make sense, when I update windows, it doesn't recognize me anymore... Listen to your customer Adobe... we understand that nothing is perfect... You're under no obligation to be the same person you were 5 minutes ago" - Alan Watts

Last edited by jonat (2016-10-12 09:37:14)

Board footer