Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-06-12 12:21:11

**_jcooper9099_**

Service pack 3 release notes?...

So I got an email that I bet everyone got which told us about service pack 3 and had a link to view the service pack 3 release notes.

That link took you to a page for all the relase notes EXCEPT SERVICE PACK 3.  You would think whomever is in charge of sending that email would confirm that it contains information that is relevant, correct and timely. 

Being that SP3 has had release notes for some time, you would also think that those notes would be available, Also a normal person may belive that if they got an email asking them to view the release notes that those notes would be available.,

So does anyone actually have the release notes?

#2 2009-06-12 12:37:59

**_roysdenc_**

Re: Service pack 3 release notes?...

The main thing I have seen is simply what was included on the news update from May 29 (can be found on the home page for this community).  It contains general info as to what is being address, but not as much info as release notes would include.  Maybe the webpage will be updated at midnight tonight (random day and time that sounded good) since the update is this weekend.

-Chris

#3 2009-06-12 12:40:29

**_jcooper9099_**

Well you would think they would post it BEFORE sending the email. But who knows.

#4 2009-06-12 15:48:50

alistairlee

The release notes are now available.

Here's a direct link to the PDF:
http://www.adobe.com/support/documentat … _notes.pdf

#5 2009-06-12 16:08:59

**_roysdenc_**

Thanks!

#6 2009-06-15 20:27:00

**_fu_paladins_**

This is frustrating. It is nice that "full audio breakout functionality for MeetingOne" is available. But what does that mean? We are hosted so we don't have a choice. I have done some testing and do not understand why when assigning a person to breakout 1 in Connect Pro results in their audio going to breakout 5 in AudioOne.

Does anyone have something explaining the audio functionality?

We liked the 'Participant Controlled' mode of AudioOne. It seems like that you can only use this now after someone has been automatically sent to a breakout when you 'Begin Breakouts' in Connect Pro.

Is there any way to control this?

Also, what about this message that is automatically added (but not able to be modified when a new meeting is created):

United States North America: 8668511522
Auckland  New Zealand: +6499250405
Singapore: +6531031085
Tokyo  Japan Asia: +81345500344
Tokyo  Japan Asia: +81345506896
Tokyo  Japan Asia: +81345209208

Room number for public access : 8668511522

How do you modify this or get rid of it?

Quite frustrated that the service pack was positioned as only bug fixes. We have trained people on using the system (and a workflow) and now have to retrain them asap. Sorry to say but this really is a problem for us. Where is the flexibility for us to turn some of this off/on? We would like to be able to do things like we were before until we can figure out an approach with the enhanced functionality.

Extremely frustrated and feeling that our upcoming client sessions are not going to go well because of these changes!

#7 2009-06-16 12:48:13

**_markblair_**

Sorry to hear you are having challenges with the new capabilities in the updated MeetingOne adaptor.

We released it alongside Connect 7sp3 to allow our customers access to the breakout room capabilities as soon as possible.

Could you contact me on the forum with your contact details, I'd like to have someone walk through this with you to confirm the issues you are seeing.

My email address is mblair 'at' adobe.com

best
Mark

#8 2009-06-16 13:32:49

**_MOsupport_**

"I have done some testing and do not understand why when assigning a person to breakout 1 in Connect Pro results in their audio going to breakout 5 in AudioOne."

Regarding the above, the scenario described could occur if the Connect breakout sessions were deleted and then recreated in the same meeting.  For example, if breakout sessions are initiated in Connect, the corresponding breakrooms are created in AudioOne and the audio breakout room corresponds to the Connect breakout room.  However, if the Connect breakout session is deleted and then recreated in the same meeting, then the Connect and audio breakout rooms will get out of sync. 

Please contact the customer service team at MeetingOne via support@meetingone.com or 888.523.8445 and we will work with you directly to understand and resolve the issues you

#9 2009-06-16 15:51:47

**_fu_paladins_**

Will contact the appropriate support people. Would be great if someone from MeetingOne or Adobe would tell us what is coming in advance. Sorry to say, but some of our upcoming meetings are likely to not go as expected due to the changes.

Adobe and MeetingOne - Why is so difficult to give us the 'heads up' on what is coming?

We are trying to do some global meetings but this type of stuff is really challenging. A heads up to you - our clients are global and big (plus looking at virtual learning technologies). We try to demo it the best that we can, but it is a HUGE challenge when things change without us knowing. At the end of the day, we support Connect Pro plus MeetingOne.

#10 2009-06-16 18:16:00

**_markblair_**

Feedback noted on giving better visibility to changes such as this, I'll work with the Connect Pro product team to advocate we do better job on this.

#11 2009-06-16 19:23:41

**_dyun_**

Agree on the being more proactive on the communication...but as an FYI, this was posted to the site on May 29: http://www.connectusers.com/news/index. … ws&id=2688

TELEPHONY
We've got an update to the MeetingOne adapter which now supports two additional features. Audio will now be automatically divided into sub-conferences when breakout rooms begin. You can now also merge your MeetingOne telephony presence and your Connect Pro presence in the attendee list pod. We've also got an update to the Avaya adapter which enables the same functionality and allows on-premise customers to integrate Connect Pro with Meeting Exchange 4.1 and 5.0.x

#12 2009-06-18 06:35:19

**_fu_paladins_**

David - Yes, I saw the posting and read it. Maybe it is just me, but the information was too high level. Sure, I was able to garner that some changes/improvements were coming. But, I had a pretty tough time understanding the effect on our workflows, our user experience (have you seen these new telephone number boxes that pop up and are not modifiable in Connect Pro?), etc.

jcooper9099 - Thanks for the input. Not sure when you had your experiences. We have noticed some very positive changes over the last 3 months. More responsive, more follow up, more accountability by them.

Board footer