Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-05-25 07:14:14

**_mhayes612_**

Special Permissions for Annotating/Whiteboard

The Whiteboard and Whiteboard Overlay are great tools.  However, you need to promote all the users to presenters or give enhanced rights to the Share Pod for participants to use the tools.  This can easily get out of hand allowing your participants to "control" the meeting.

We have found greater engagment levels with participants when making the session interactive and asking people to participate.  We simply cannot do this now within Connect Pro.  On similiar platforms, annotate is a simple permission that can be given to users.

It would be great to add an easy way to allow users to access the Whiteboard tools without giving them access to anything else.  It promotes collaboration (when presenters want to) and keeps people engaged.

#2 2009-08-25 15:52:37

**_learnivores_**

Re: Special Permissions for Annotating/Whiteboard

YES! I strenuously second that request!!! <jumping up and down>

#3 2010-03-02 09:29:59

**_khweir_**

agree!  any update on this?

#4 2010-04-19 12:18:22

**_goudapond_**

I'm a little late to this party, but have a lot of experience using Connect for training. The current method for participant annotations is insanity. Recently, it became such a hot issue with our trainers, that we nearly canceled our account with Adobe. Until the need to promote participants to presenter is fixed, Adobe Connect cannot count itself among the ranks of competent online systems.

#5 2010-11-22 17:30:56

**_thomkinney_**

I agree completely! Add my name to the petition! I love the layouts for training design - no other tool is as elegant for crafting a course and directing participants' attention, BUT every other (major) tool has better features for interactivity. The lack of a simple shared whiteboard application is the ONLY reason I can't whole-heartedly recommend it to every trainer I know! Seems like a glaring oversight - would love to see it added soon.

Board footer