Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-08-29 16:35:41

Walleye

Live Streaming Setup for Video Pod

Hi,

Have any of you had any experience streaming live video and audio from a production camera (not webcam) into the video pod?  If so what was your setup?

For the video I'm thinking of using my JVC connected to the Black Magic Intensity Shuttle connected to my PC which is running Windows 7 (Intel i7 Core, 32 GB of ram, 64 bit) 

For the audio im going with a lav connected to my JVC outputted through the Black Magic Intensity Shuttle to my PC.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?

#2 2016-08-30 09:00:07

Crawdaddye

Re: Live Streaming Setup for Video Pod

We use a relatively simple setup for streaming live events:

Video: We connect a Canon HD camera to a BlackMagic mini recorder box using HDMI, then using a thunderbolt cable we run that into a MAC.
Audio: We connect a Shure X2U device into a mixer and then run that line into the MAC via USB.

#3 2016-09-01 13:21:35

Walleye

Thanks Crawdaddye.  Do you record the events in connect and if so does the audio show up in the recording?

#4 2016-10-10 16:00:13

Walleye

Just wanted to follow up on this.  We successfully streamed a 6 hour live event in adobe connect using Canon 6D, plugged into an INOGENI 4K HDMI to USB 3.0 Converter plugged into our computer.  We then ran 2 wireless lavs into a mixer which also connected to the computer.  We recorded the entire event in connect and everything worked out.

Board footer