Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-29 15:03:48

**_ccarr_**

fonts

i'd like to be able to use custom fonts in presentations

Would it be possible for hosted clients to upload fonts to the Connect server so they would be supported in our Presentations?

#2 2009-05-18 16:44:58

**_roysdenc_**

Re: fonts

Great idea.  I would just like to add support for other commonly used fonts in general.  Special fonts would be nice too, but some times we have the hardest time with the simple ones that come with PowerPoint.

Correcting the textbox resizing issue would be another good one to work on.

-Chris

#3 2009-05-21 00:15:39

**_gprivat_**

Adding a new font to our hosted server is actually very tricky as we need to ensure that we are entitled to do so and have the right licensing agreement in place.  Right now for hosted, if you have a specific font you require that is not on the server, the best work-around is to use Presenter locally to convert the presentation.

#4 2009-05-21 09:48:49

**_roysdenc_**

Covert it to what exactly? Publish locally as a zip, publish to the connect server, something else...?  I can tell you that we have had issues with fonts that come with PowerPoint, and no matter how we publish it, it Connect doesn't support it, it gets replaced with something else.

-Chris

#5 2009-05-21 09:57:42

**_gprivat_**

The new fonts introduced by Microsoft with Office 2007 are currently not supported.  The reason is that Microsoft changed their EULA for Office 2007 and the fonts and we need to get a specific licensing agreement in place to get them.  We are working on that.
However, if you have the font locally and use Adobe Presenter to do the conversion locally, the fonts will be properly converted. As you say, you publish to a zip file and then upload the zip file to the meeting room or content library.

Guillaume

#6 2009-05-21 12:16:06

**_roysdenc_**

Guillaume -

We almost always use publishing locally as a zip because we have found it to be one of the more reliable ways to publish, but we have still seen font issues (not as many) among other things.  We also convert everything from a .pptx to a .ppt before publishing because it fixes other things from Office 07 that Connect doesn't support.

Can you give us any idea as to any new supported functionality from Office 07 that will be offered with SP3 in the coming months?

-Chris

#7 2011-11-22 16:32:13

**_Michel_**

gprivat wrote:

Adding a new font to our hosted server is actually very tricky as we need to ensure that we are entitled to do so and have the right licensing agreement in place.  Right now for hosted, if you have a specific font you require that is not on the server, the best work-around is to use Presenter locally to convert the presentation.

We have purchase a specific font for our company and would likr to use it on our Connect 8 server with Adobe Presenter.

Can you point me to documentation explaining how to upload these font.

Board footer