Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-07-07 10:22:19

NotSoBrightguy

Editing event information

Hello all,

I'm new to Adobe Connect and have been tasked with creating events. My question is simple and probably easily answered.

Is there ANY control over formatting in the text fields on the Event Information editing page?

It appears that the text boxes/fields (specifically Event Information and Detailed Information) are straight text. And you can't put a list or bulleted items in there. It is just text that runs on with no breaks.

Is there any control over these areas?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out!

Brian

#2 2016-07-07 11:05:31

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Editing event information

Brian,

Welcome!

In those text fields, no. There is nothing that can be done as all the text will get slammed together in one big text block.

However, I have taken to editing my Event templates to better format my information. In fact, most of my event information is placed in custom event templates that I create. I ususally start by making a copy of one of the default templates and then name it for my event. Then I place all the event information I can there, and it can be formatted as I see fit. This means you won't be able to make many changes in the Events page of Connect, but for a nice looking event page it is worth the extra step.

#3 2016-07-11 07:23:33

NotSoBrightguy

Hi Jorma,

Thank you for the response. This does sound like what I need to do but I'm not exactly sure how to accomplish it.

Is there any way for us to share images? If I could show you what I hope to do maybe it would help you to help me. And in the reverse, you could show me how you set up the information fields in a custom Event template.

Again, I am very appreciative of your assistance.

Thank you!

Brian

#4 2016-07-11 10:20:03

Jorma_at_CoSo

Brian,

Yes, you can put whatever you like in the Events page editor. Here's how you get to it. Once in Connect Central go to Events Management > Edit Events > Edit template

Connect%20Events%20-%20Edit%20Template.JPG

From there you select the template you want to start with and choose to copy it. Then choose to put the copy in your Shared Events folder (visible to all Event Managers) or your My Events Folder (visible to just you), and give it a name.

Connect%20Events%20-%20Copy%20Template.JPG

Once that is done you can add/remove/modify any part of the pages for the event. Just be sure to associate your event with this new template. There is the option to add text, images and more. Your list of available objects to place are in the floating dialog box that is labled CQ5.

Connect%20Events%20-%20Customizing%20a%20Template.JPG

Does that help?

I'd be happy to set up a few minutes to work through any other questions you have. Just email me at jorma[at]realeyesconnect.com.

Board footer