Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-04-02 08:46:27

**_jcooper9099_**

get user info from event registration

It seems connect only includes first-name, last-name, login and email when a user account is created. Even if we require more from the event registration. How can I ensure that what users type  in for even registration gets passed to the user information database?

#2 2009-04-06 21:42:44

**_eomedia_**

Re: get user info from event registration

Are you using the event module within connect or an external product?  If you are using an external product my suggestion would be to ensure that the system automatically passes the registration information to Connect and creates the user account via the Connect API.

In this manner your can utilize your external registration system to capture the information you want about your users and create the user accounts with the data fields that you want.

I'll try and illustrate what I'm talking about by using my company's product as as example.  In our system you can set up unique registration paths for people and capture and data points about that user (name, address, email, hair color, etc.), then using the Connect API our system can automatically create the User account in Adobe Connect and set the permissions you want for that user path.

Essentially you just need to program your external registration system to use the API's and the logic that makes sense to you to ensure that the data points between these systems remain consistent.

If I didn't totally understand your question, and therefore my answer isn't quite on target let me know and I'll try and clarify or offer a different solutions.

Thanks

Ryan
www.conferenceEdge.com

Board footer