Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-03-17 17:09:29

**_fu_paladins_**

How do we submit tech support issues for a hosted account?

We purchased the service through a reseller - and they do not have technical answers.

How do we submit tech support issues for a hosted account?

I go to the support center on the Adobe web site and they go out of their way to hide this (in my opinion).  I definitely try to solve our problems via self serve.  But, where do we go when we have exhausted self serve?

Our reseller tries to help but they do not seem to have access to any resources above and beyond what we can access via Adobe.com.

Thanks,

Matt

#2 2009-03-18 09:28:46

**_roysdenc_**

Re: How do we submit tech support issues for a hosted account?

When you purchased with your reseller, did you also pay for support?  We have hosted service, and our contract is directly with Adobe, and so I go to them for support.  I have also found this forum to be extremely helpful (in most cases more than Adobe support).  If you do not have paid support with Adobe as part of your original purchase, I would look into options to get it through your reseller, one of the other service providers that participate on the forums, or through Adobe.  The other thing you can do is post your qustions here and see how other users can help you.

-Chris

#3 2009-03-18 11:21:28

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

If you didn't pay for upgraded support, you can always use the Adobe Connect Support phone number. I have had good experiences with them in the past. 800-945-9120

#4 2009-03-18 16:24:38

**_fu_paladins_**

Many thanks - I will see what options we signed up for.

#5 2009-03-24 15:58:33

**_jameslloyd_**

Matt,

Our account is hosted and I personnally always wanted to use Adobe's web-based ticketing system to maintain a trail for each issue, but Adobe clearly does NOT want this.  I had several instances where I created a ticket and it disappeared.  Then several months ago it became very difficult to even create a ticket for Connect. 

I later learned while talking with a level 3 tech that all Connect support needs to be initiated on the phone.

It's sad because now I have to spend a lot of time transcribing phone messages so that I know what each ticket is about.  The fact that Adobe puts the responses hidden inside .pdf attachments to emails just adds to the fun!

good luck
-j

#6 2009-03-24 16:22:17

**_fu_paladins_**

Thanks for the good wishes and information.  They do seem to want us to be self-sufficient and low contact.  It seems that a ticket submission system would be a great way to do that.  Maybe still part of the digestion process when you acquire another product.

Do you know if this applies most to the hosted accounts or also to accounts that buy/license the product for installation on their own platforms?

#7 2009-06-11 21:18:39

**_mark2741_**

I just called Adobe Support a few days ago about a major issue and was told I'd "probably hear back later today, if I can't fix it", concerning some curriculum dependencies issues I'm having.

Never heard back and they never fixed it.

This is not the first time this has happened either.

#8 2009-06-12 09:36:23

**_roysdenc_**

This is also typical for Adobe support.  I recommend to bug the hell out of them.  It is the only way I have found that I actually get help.  What level of support do you have?  I might be able to give you some contacts. 

I had one case that went on for about 3 months where they weren't calling me back after I would call for an update.  The end result of the case was Connect 6 SP3 broken some of my recordings and they couldn't fix them.  They were so busy working on Connect 7 (getting it ready for launch last year) that I wasn't a priority.  I only got that anser because I started calling every day and started speaking with their management.  It is annoying to spend so much of your time doing this (I spend up to 10 hours a week workingon Connect issues and talking with Adobe support on a regular basis), but if it gets results, it is better than sitting around waiting for an answer.  Some day Adobe will figure this support thing out. 

-Chris

Board footer