Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-04-12 10:52:48

MarkH

Trouble screen sharing audio

I've been able to share my iMac desktop using Adobe Connect, but my participants cannot hear the application audio.  We're demonstrating the uses of Audacity.   I use my headphones to prevent feedback when talking through the microphone.

Is there a setting in Adobe Connect that has to be adjusted to have the shared application audio (in this case Audacity) to be heard by the participants without unplugging my headphones?  I know this can done in a Zoom room, but I'm having trouble with it here.

Thanks,

MarkH

#2 2016-04-12 11:06:57

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Trouble screen sharing audio

Mark,

Sharing your screen just shares the image of your screen, nothing more. So if you need to share your audio, then unplugging your headphones is going to be the best solution.

#3 2016-04-15 07:39:46

e-slinger

Hello,

To that point...you could try this to get the best possible output on that solution.

Call in on a second phone line
Position a phone handset next to your speaker
Mute and unmute the second line as needed so you don't looping or feedback.

Play with it and let us know what you do.

You could look into Refined Data (look up Terry Shane...he is active in the forums) his organization develops custom pods for Connect. He may have something that can help.

Good Luck!

- Slinger

#4 2016-04-15 10:34:54

Jorma_at_CoSo

Along those lines, you could look to use a THAT-2 device to bridge your computer audio to a phone bridge.

http://amzn.com/B003D82WKC

Board footer