Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-02-04 17:56:56

davesawyer

More specific indication of what you're actively sharing

I have two displays: my laptop's built-in display and a large external widescreen display.

When presenting, I usually share the Desktop of my laptop's built-in display.  This shows up as "Display #2" in the Connect Pro "Start Screen Sharing" window.

After starting to share, the Share pod displays a message which says, "Your computer screen is being broadcast to all participants" without indication of which of my two computer screens is being broadcast.

I know that I can turn on Preview mode to see what I'm broadcasting.  But It would be useful if this message could read something more like, "Your Display #2 is being broadcast to all participants"

And if you are sharing specific Applications or Windows instead of your entire Desktop then perhaps it could indicate that information as well.  Maybe something like, "Your application 'Firefox' is being broadcast to all participants."

Thanks,
Dave

#2 2009-02-04 19:57:14

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: More specific indication of what you're actively sharing

I agree, that would be nice. Especially when you decide to do Application sharing and it defaults to your primary monitor, even when the app is on the second monitor (that has burned me more than once).

Board footer