Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2009-01-06 20:28:57

**_philip.roy_**

iPhone

http://mashable.com/2009/01/06/webex-on-iphone/

You've got to admit...it's kinda cool !?

But yes I know the iPhone can't handle Flash.

Phil

#2 2009-01-09 14:18:57

**_santhony_**

Re: iPhone

That is pretty cool.

I wonder if Apple will truely ever allow Flash - I know it competes with Cocoa Touch and that's probably the main reason that they will keep pushing back. Sadly none of the articles I could dig up online are past November 2007 for updates other than the hopes it would be anounced during the Jan 6th Keynote address by Apple.

You could always pick up an eeePC. It's kind of like an oversized PDA ... but it can join meetings (although there are some qwirks with some of the screensizing with Firefox etc. Most can be worked around).

I've heard of people using ports of Gnash (GNU Flash Movie Player) on their iPhones. Not sure how far that will get you into a Connect meeting (probably won't) and if it works for anything beyond 1st gen iPhones - but it may be worth someones time to dig up some more information for viewing recordings if you do a little iphone tweaking in your spare time.

Last edited by **_santhony_** (2009-01-09 14:19:42)

#3 2009-01-13 02:22:17

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

The iPhone handles Flash Lite and Connect Pro requires Flash Heavy

One day, in the not too distant future, devices like the iPhone will support a richer Flash environment and you'll be able to attend meetings on your phone. Dick Tracy wasn't wrong, he was just ahead of his time!

#4 2009-01-13 02:32:30

**_philip.roy_**

Terry_at_RefinedData_com wrote:

The iPhone handles Flash Lite

Sorry, no it doesn't.

Phil

#5 2009-01-13 03:29:49

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

OK, I kneel corrected! (I can't stand corrected, I'm too embarrased)

It is coming though (just not as fast as we'd all like) though there is a hack to provide Flash on the iPhone if you don't mind getting your hands dirty. This hack requires you to jailbreak your iPhone but adds Flash support to Safari. I have not tried it myself so I have no idea if you could run a Connect Meeting this way.

I can dream though!

Terry

#6 2009-01-13 15:50:28

**_philip.roy_**

I'll dream/pray too...my iPhone's too nice and new to hack it.

Phil

#7 2009-01-13 22:02:01

**_santhony_**

There are some other options I read about without having to "free" your iPhone. Gnash is one of them but you have to be somewhat techy to really figure out a lot of these "enhancements" that are getting posted on the net.

FlashLite has been spotted on some iPhones across the web, but you have to be very fluent in AS3, b.tween and Enhance Your Experience Graphical Toolkit (EyeGT).

There's even a petition online at http://www.flashforiphone.com/ (I have no idea who *sponsors* this, so sign up at your own risk!)

#8 2009-01-13 22:02:50

**_santhony_**

philip.roy wrote:

I'll dream/pray too...my iPhone's too nice and new to hack it.

Phil

One week in your pocket without a case and keys will make you feel different about it.

#9 2009-01-31 18:17:12

**_philip.roy_**

FYI...Just some gossip circulating about about the iPhone and Flash....

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/09 … phone.html

I note that UStream.tv (that broadcasts in Flash) on their site has released an iPhone app...but it's not Flash based, but utilises some of the other streaming technologies that Flash can display (that's all a bit beyond me).

Cheers,

Phil

#10 2009-02-04 12:41:13

**_jphenson_**

Adobe, WebEx has a iPhone app and Citrix is working on one, so I hope you have one ready to release soon!  Last check, the iphone is the fastest growing phone in the world.

#11 2009-02-12 08:26:19

**_jrommers_**

Terry_at_RefinedData_com wrote:

The iPhone handles Flash Lite and Connect Pro requires Flash Heavy

To come back on the Flash version, as written in this column.
Apple requires/demands a different version of Flash for it's iPhone instead of the Flash Lite version.
Which according to this column is being developed as we speak.
As an amateur iPhone app developer, I can't wait for this Flash version to come out and start to develop some "Adobe Connect Pro Mobile" app.
If Adobe doesn't already plan on building this.

I have worked with this webex version and it works pretty good. Of course there are some functions missing. But that comes standard with desktop applications converted to the iPhone. I prefer using Adobe Connect over Webex and made me think of the iPhone possibilities for  Connect Pro.

So I can imagine a version which supports:
- Powerpoint (or other material) screen sharing from the host
- Audio sharing (also passing the mic)
- Chatting or Q & A options.

I think in this way you can participate and follow an ongoing meeting without having your battery sucked dry or having a data overload.

Well let's hope Adobe takes a good look at the opportunities, cause it will enlarge meeting possibilities.

Last edited by **_jrommers_** (2009-02-12 08:28:35)

#12 2009-02-15 18:34:57

**_philip.roy_**

If I had a dollar for every article that says that Flash is being developed for the iPhone...I'd be a wealthy man! ;-)

Recently the articles suggested things were happening, then, like before, there was some backtracking.

It *may* happen...I don't believe it will happen any time soon.

Phil

#13 2009-06-15 16:40:17

**_philip.roy_**

Rumours the next version of QuickTime will support FLV playback. Stretching this very far....that might mean that the iPhone might play FLVs ??

http://catetoblog.blogspot.com/2009/06/ … ime-x.html

Phil

#14 2009-10-05 15:49:00

**_philip.roy_**

Whoohooo !!!!

Check this out.....

http://bit.ly/gvjTs

And here's the gem in that PR....

Adobe also announced that a number of additional applications are being submitted to the App Store including an iPhone application for Adobe

#15 2009-10-08 14:07:47

**_roysdenc_**

Saw this in action during the Adobe MAX day 1 keynote.  I must say I was impressed.

-Chris

#16 2009-10-09 11:43:00

**_BCCAresearch_**

Hasn't anyone seen windows running on an iPhone and iPod Touch? Wouldn't that be a workable solution to using ACP on the iPhone?

(this message is heavy with sarcasm, please keep this mind if you respond)

#17 2009-10-09 20:10:22

**_dyun_**

There is a Connect Pro iphone app on the way!
http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

Exciting Stuff!  Thanks Adobe!

Best,
David

Board footer