Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-19 10:09:09

**_JoshuaD_**

Training won't open again

I have a problem with training not launching again if it is opened and closed multiple times. The magic number seems to be 5, meaning I am able to launch the content 5 times and then close it, but then it won't launch again after that.

This is custom flash content published using Captivate 3. It is high bandwidth content.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Is there some limit in Connect on bandwidth per session.

Thanks

Last edited by **_JoshuaD_** (2008-11-19 10:45:19)

#2 2008-12-03 20:29:08

**_quinn_**

Re: Training won't open again

Hi JoshuaD, what exactly do you see when launching the content the 5th time?   It should not be bandwidth related, but possibly related to number of retries for this training.  Is this flash content under the Content tab or the Courses tab?   There is a "Max Attempts" setting on courses that may be producing this behavior that you are seeing.

#3 2008-12-04 09:06:12

**_JoshuaD_**

Thank you for the reply.

The Max Attempts field is empty. Is it possible that when publishing through Captivate the software encoding a Max # of attempts that the Connect platform isn't recognizing?

When I try to launch it again, I get nothing. It just stalls. The reason I was wondering about the bandwidth is that if I stop trying to load the training and then attempt to relogin into the connect platform that stalls as well.

#4 2008-12-04 13:39:57

**_quinn_**

Is this happening on the Hosted system or is this an on-premise installation?   Is it possible that I can get the url so I can try loading it just to see what is happening?  I can send you my email address if you don't feel like posting the url online.

#5 2008-12-05 11:07:52

**_jameslloyd_**

This reminds me of a browser problem - ie. your browser cache is full.  Maybe try clearning temp files on the 5th go round?

Board footer