Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-19 08:20:50

**_Crawdaddye_**

Certificates and Notifications

I have been conducting demonstrations for my organization and I received a few questions that I was unable to answer.

1.  Is there an actual certificicate that learners can print out when they pass a course?

2.  Is there a way for the system to notify trainers via email when a student completes a course?

#2 2008-11-19 10:07:27

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: Certificates and Notifications

Can the Connect server do 1 or 2? No.

However, using the XML/API calls you could create custom software that does that. I know you could achieve #1 for sure, as that request has come up before and we (RealEyes) looked into a solution. As to #2, I'm sure that something could be set up, but it is all custom software creation.

#3 2008-11-23 08:37:16

**_Crozzer_**

Hi Jorma

I'm interested in your solution to the certificate question but have no idea what a XML/API call is. We get constant requests for certificates once a course is complete, hence the reason for my interest. If you could get back to me that would be appreciated.

#4 2008-12-03 19:40:09

**_quinn_**

The XML APIs are ConnectPro's web services.   The APIs (Application Programming Interfaces) exposes functionality such as creating curriculums, viewing reports, listing enrollees and returns the data over the web in an XML format.  You can then use this data to create your own custom applications. 

ConnectPro 7 doesn't have to ability to create printable certificates.   However, using Flex and the XML APIs, you could create your own application that does this.  The application would list all the completed users for a course or curriculum (there's an XML API for this), and then you could print a certificate for the user.

#5 2008-12-18 02:14:43

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Crawdaddye wrote:

I have been conducting demonstrations for my organization and I received a few questions that I was unable to answer.

1.  Is there an actual certificicate that learners can print out when they pass a course?

2.  Is there a way for the system to notify trainers via email when a student completes a course?

more on this, something not so custom and whole lot less development: 

1. If using Presenter or Captivate, "Pass or Fail Options" for a Quiz.  "If passing grade, go to",  then send them to URL of PDF you've published to the content library or something of the like. You could even create a cert for each person's name pre-loaded. This would require their own URL, but a touch more secure/specific.

2. Try this one. With the Events module, create an Event with your course, or what we call an On-demand Event.. Then, in "Email Options", use the "Notify me when participants attend the event" option and see if that would work for you.

Board footer