Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-10 13:37:34

**_texast58unt_**

Acrobat Pro_Highlighting Multiple

Is it possible to highlight all my search words?
Example; Theory is my search word
There are 28 occurances in the document
I want all theses occurances highlighted at once.

Any suggestions?
Thanks! need help

#2 2008-11-11 12:32:30

**_dyun_**

Re: Acrobat Pro_Highlighting Multiple

Hi There,

Can you provide a little more context here please?  Do you mean with an Adobe Presenter presentation?  Within a document being shared in a virtual classroom?  Which product/application are you using when you need this to happen?

Best,
David

#3 2008-11-11 18:20:29

**_texast58unt_**

DYUN,

Using Acrobat Pro 9.0.0
Reading OCR document--specifically an academic journal article-published.

While reading and reviewing the document in APro 9.0.0 I use highlighting feature, underlining feature.  Also I use the Search/Find feature.

Bottom line.
When reviewing a document in Acrobat Pro 9.0.0, and I use the find feature, and the find feature tells me there are 28 occurances of the word I searched and found...

Is there a way for me to now highlight all the occurances of this one word?

Without of-course highlighting the first occurance, then tabing to see next occurance then highlighting the second occurance.  IN MS WORD,  you can do something advanced like find a word, say the word searched is "theory" and now I can tell MS Word in an advanced feature to highlight all 28 occurances of the work 'theory' all at once.

Thank you so much for your help.
Texast58unt- adjunct at one university and phd student at a second university......

#4 2008-11-11 19:36:20

**_dyun_**

Hey there,

I just tested this and Acrobat does indeed highlight the resulting instances of your search items in a light blue color.  You can use the "Find Next" button to skip to the next instance of the search string.

acro-search.jpg

For the future, I want to point you to our sister site AcrobatUsers.com where you can find Adobe Acrobat experts.  This site is devoted to a different Adobe product called Acrobat Connect Pro.  You will undoubtedly be able to get your Acrobat Pro question answered on their site: www.acrobatusers.com

AcrobatUsers.com Forums:
http://acrobatusers.com/forums/aucbb/

Good Luck,
David

#5 2008-11-14 23:10:53

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

Closer home to Connect pro, you can use Flash Paper in Connect Pro Meeting and search text for a highlight. I doesn't highlight them all at once, but rather the first one. To see the next highlight, click the search icon next to the search text entry field.

Board footer