Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-11-07 11:26:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Flash Paper in Connect?

Ok, my two cents on this. The Connect Server has the Presenter conversion engine so that PPT files are converted to Flash when uploaded. This is great, no screen sharing required!

Can we get the Flash Paper application as part of the server so that we can upload a word doc or excel sheet, etc, directly to the share pod and the server converts it to SWF? This will make sharing documents SO MUCH EASIER, and for those users on a Mac or Vista, then they can share documents through some other means besides screen sharing.

Thanks

#2 2009-09-09 09:21:42

**_gatorgal615_**

Re: Flash Paper in Connect?

I second this request!!  Perhaps, PDF files???  This is major need to be able to share/annotate documents.

#3 2009-09-09 09:58:42

**_Oliver.Kilb_**

Full ACK! I'd need that for years...

#4 2009-10-29 15:20:51

**_sean_at_RealEyes_**

gatorgal615 wrote:

I second this request!!  Perhaps, PDF files???  This is major need to be able to share/annotate documents.

en route

#5 2009-10-29 20:24:14

**_thomasattrp_**

I'm a little confused since I use the free Flash Paper (free, that is, to those who have a Hosted account) which converts all docs to swf which then can be uploaded. Flash Paper is downloaded from the Adobe web site and then installed as an option when one prints--choose Flash Paper for the conversion rather than printing.

Why would one screen share when that can be done so easily. I never screen share unless editing a document.  Granted, having it converted while uploading would be handy, but the discussion above seems to indicate that folks do a lot of screen sharing when they don't have to.

Thomas

#6 2009-10-30 07:18:33

**_bklaas_**

I think you'd be much more likely to see server-side conversion of files to PDF format now that Connect 7.5 supports the display of PDFs via the Connect add-in. Flash Paper is effectively dead at Adobe, in spite of being bundled with Connect Pro (and really only as a stopgap until they could do what they did in 7.5 -- support display of PDFs in Connect Pro sessions).

#7 2009-10-30 13:36:45

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Ok, well this is an OLD topic, but I would still like to see an inline conversion for something. I know that PDF support is now here... well will be in a matter of hours/days, but it would stream line things if you could upload a .doc file and it would do a server side conversion to PDF. FlashPaper is easy enough to use (if you have XP or older) and I too use that, but just having the native ability to do it server side would eliminate the training/workflow process that many of us face when teaching new users of the tool.

Board footer