Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2015-11-09 18:01:33

Deeker

Quiz Connect won't open in share pod

Thanks for any help you can provide! I'm a teacher with limited coding skills, trying to figure out how to use this very cool app. I'm able to get the master files to load (questions + index, zipped), but as soon as I edit the questions file and create a new zipped folder, the share pod rejects it. Here is the error message: "Sorry - there was a problem loading the questions. Please ensure that QuizConnect was packaged with a properly formatted XML file."

Here is the code I used (edited with Brackets):

<Settings>
    <Timer>14</Timer>
</Settings>

<Quiz>   
    <Question id="1" q="Mr. Sheldon notices that one of his students isn’t doing well in his physics class. He talks to the student and discovers that the student’s father lost his job and food around the house has been scarce. The student is hungry and worried about his family’s future. What is an explanation for the student not doing well in Mr. Sheldon’s class?">
        <Answer>His growth needs are not being met.</Answer>
        <Answer>His deficiency needs are not being met.</Answer>
        <Answer>His attribution needs are not being met.</Answer>
        <Answer>His expectancy needs are not being met.</Answer>
        <Answer>All of the above.</Answer>
        <Correct>His deficiency needs are not being met.</Correct>
    </Question>   
</Quiz>

I save this as an .xml file, then zip it with the index.html file, then drag it to the share pod, where I get the aforementioned error message.

That's all I can think of to help describe the problem! Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with this. -Dee

#2 2015-11-22 18:32:07

Deeker

Re: Quiz Connect won't open in share pod

Finally figured it out just now and thought I'd post in case anyone else has this problem. Probably not, as I never got any responses to my own question, but you never know!

DO NOT CHANGE THE NAME OF THE QUESTIONS file. I tried so many different things before figuring this out. Wish I had understood the instructions better, and it would be helpful to be more explicit about this in the instructions for changing the questions.

<big sigh of relief>

Board footer