Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-08-04 18:29:34

**_wsipc-mike_**

CSV import of users - Password changes?

One of the issues I dealt with in Connect 6 was the inability to , when importing new users via CSV file, force password changes at first log in. If I set up users one at a time, it worked fine. But using a CSV, I had to explicitly define each users password (not best practice for a number of reasons). This limitation essentially prevented me from importing users via a CSV.

Does anyone know if this problems has been resolved in Connect 7? I cannot find any mention of it in the documentation.

#2 2009-02-10 09:46:44

**_june.morrison_**

Re: CSV import of users - Password changes?

I'm new to Adobe Connect, and I'm performing Security Policy Analysis. I've examined the standard CSV format and it is only basic Account creation (the minimal that one requires).  You are indeed correct on your findings.  What you and our team need is the other Column Name (parameters) that are required (just like seen in the manual panel screen creations).  Instead of Password we need Temporary Password and any other attributes that relates to the Passwords makeup.  I've submitted a request to Adobe Tech Desk asking for this information tied in with the Global Login and Password Settings we have defined.  I've scanned the EN xml file for clues and anything else on Internet manuals re: the file layout of Adobe Connect.  Will post an update when I resolve this challenge. J

#3 2009-02-10 12:23:08

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

The only way you can force users to change their password when importing via CSV is to set a password expiration date in the Users and Groups section. Then everyone will need to update their password, but if you are using CSV as an initial user push, this can be set so that passwords expire in 1-10 days and this will force everyone to reset their password.

#4 2009-06-11 11:17:59

**_Jstegenga_**

A best practice I use is to NOT notify by email (from the system)

Notify the users that they have an account, and to use the "forgot password" link to establish a unique password.

#5 2011-09-08 14:13:47

**_wsipc-mike_**

june.morrison wrote:

I'm new to Adobe Connect, and I'm performing Security Policy Analysis. I've examined the standard CSV format and it is only basic Account creation (the minimal that one requires).  You are indeed correct on your findings.  What you and our team need is the other Column Name (parameters) that are required (just like seen in the manual panel screen creations).  Instead of Password we need Temporary Password and any other attributes that relates to the Passwords makeup.  I've submitted a request to Adobe Tech Desk asking for this information tied in with the Global Login and Password Settings we have defined.  I've scanned the EN xml file for clues and anything else on Internet manuals re: the file layout of Adobe Connect.  Will post an update when I resolve this challenge. J

So has there been any advances on this one? Seems I am still at a point where I cannot invoke the 'require user to change password' setting when creating new users (as I can through the web UI).

#6 2011-09-08 14:36:13

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Since the update to 8.1.2, you now have the option to 'require user to change password' with a CSV import.

The check box is below the file browsing tool, as seen here:
User+password+reset_CSV.jpg?download=User+password+reset_CSV.jpg

#7 2011-09-08 15:14:25

**_wsipc-mike_**

Excellent! I will look forward to that for when we go to the newest version. Is there a way to change the 'accepted solution' to your response?

Thanks!

#8 2011-09-08 16:03:09

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Unfortunately I don't believe there is a way to change it. I'll put that on the list for this site :)

Board footer