Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-07-07 13:19:50

**_andy1_**

Curriculum-info Microsoft.XMLHTTP

Hi,

I'm trying to display the user's Curriculum within a web page, using XML and ASP.

On version 6, this worked nicely, but on version 7, it doesn't work.  I think this is because the response is a .swf file and not HTML.  I suspect there's code in the .swf file that doesn't allow cross-domains script access, or something?

For example, I get the user logged in etc on my web site, then I call the following using object ...Server.CreateObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP"):-

http://serverIP/system/content/curriculum-info/info?account-id=7&sco-id=23053&set-lang=en&user-id=27219&session=breezgzztfew1ughcfb3k

The response is the HTML page with script tags etc which load the Flash object and the CurriculumViewer.swf file with the relevant Curriculum.

Using the full response, Response.Write'ed to another ASP page the output loads the SWF file, but it's empty and doesn't load the Curriculum contents.

Putting the above URL in the browser it works perfectly.  But I want to integrate the contents in to another ASP page.  This is how I did it with version 6, but it doesn't work in version 7 (I realise the response is completely different to version 6, plus the curriculum is flash based).

Any ideas where I can check because my tired eyes aren't much use?!?

Thanks

#2 2008-07-08 10:34:23

**_jcooper9099_**

Re: Curriculum-info Microsoft.XMLHTTP

use the XML API to get the same info on XML format and display it as you like.

#3 2008-07-08 12:47:50

**_andy1_**

Re: Curriculum-info Microsoft.XMLHTTP

Whilst waiting for a solution I've been playing with the "sco-expanded-contents".  I was trying to avoid that option as Adobe has already written the interface and was attempting to save time...

Oh well seems the only option then.

Thanks

Board footer