Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-06-09 10:38:41

**_bjjgann_**

Blackboard Integration

Hello

We have recently integrated Adobe Connect Pro with Blackboard using the provided building block. It works well except there is no module on the My Institution page to alert users of their upcoming meetings as suggested in the documentation.

Anybody have any ideas?

#2 2008-06-09 10:41:06

**_bjjgann_**

Re: Blackboard Integration

By the way I have followed

Q. How do I enable the Adobe Connect Pro Meeting Dashboard?

at

http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php

But there is no such module in the list.

#3 2008-06-18 10:52:01

**_g_satija_**

1. Click on the 'Modify Content' Button on the top right corner of the My institution page.

2. Browse through the page and select 'My Adobe Connect Meetings' module and 'Submit'.

3. Click on the 'Modify Layout' Button on the 'My Institution' page and change the layout if required.

#4 2008-06-18 10:58:39

**_bjjgann_**

Hello

Thanks for the reply. I have tried this but the

#5 2008-06-18 11:03:35

**_g_satija_**

Did you made the package active during installation? 4th step below.

1. Login as 'System Administrator' in BlackBoard and browse to 'System Admin > BlackBoard Building Blocks management > Building Blocks' page.
2. Click on 'Install Building Blocks' button and browse to the downloaded war file's location.
3. Click 'Submit' and then 'Ok' which will take you to the 'Manage Building Blocks' page.
4. The package installed would be inactive. Change the status to 'Available' in both Availability and Course/Org category. Click 'Ok' on all the confirmations.
5. Click on 'View Components' to have a look at the details of the components installed by the building block. This is for informational purposes, only.

#6 2008-06-18 13:56:54

**_bjjgann_**

Hello g_satija

Everything is installed and available and the module type component is in the list.

I am going to try it on our test server. The test server is a clone of the production server but upgraded to version 8.

#7 2008-06-18 14:07:35

**_bjjgann_**

Same on the test server unfortunately.

#8 2008-06-18 15:31:18

**_sansri_**

Hello,

Check if the module is available in the 'Blackboard Community System - Management' page in the admin panel.
Search for 'My Adobe Connect Meetings' in the module list and make it available.
The properties button against the module in the same page will help you in configuring the availability of the module.

#9 2008-06-18 15:52:41

**_bjjgann_**

Hello Sansri

The module is not even listed in this area. We don

#10 2009-06-23 14:24:55

**_rgibson1_**

We installed the Blackboard integration component as well. Rather than listing the students' names in the meeting setup area, we see the word 'new' for each student. No student name, simply 'new' repeated multiple times. Has anyone else experienced this?

RG

#11 2009-06-23 15:55:21

**_bjjgann_**

Hello

You need to create a mapping file

/usr/local/blackboard/content/vi/bb_bb60/plugins/Adbe-AdobeConnectPro/config/_userMapping.dat

Which looks like something like this for every user

administrator:::administrator
guest:::guest

#12 2009-06-26 21:38:29

**_rgibson1_**

Finally, someone that seems to know about this issue! Support knows nothing about this. If you will please indulge our questions:

So, this mapping file is curious. We are tied to AD, so users could change quite often. (New students, dropped students, etc.) Are we to generate a new mapping file every....week?...month?

Why doesn't the building block update based on AD dynamically? Wondering why we need to manually generate the mapping file

Assuming the mapping file would appear like it indicates in the building block parameters:
astudent,astudent (common limited)

An observation: Using IE7 or IE8, the word "new" appears. However, Firefox indicates an asterisks in front of each user name. (At least the names appear, but they still do not work.

Any guidance you can provide will help!

Much thanks!

RG

#13 2009-06-27 01:09:19

**_bjjgann_**

Hello

Yes I agree it is not very good having to update the file manually, in fact why is there a need for a file in the first place? We run a script every night which connects to the database and generates the file. There are three files: names.sh, test.sql and start.sh

names.sh
##!/bin/bash
cd /usr/local/blackboard/apps/snapshot/data/adobe

rm results.txt
touch results.txt
chmod 755 results.txt
sqlplus -s bb_bb60/password << EOF > results.txt
set echo off
set heading off
set feedback off
set pagesize 0
set trimspool on
@test.sql
EOF

test.sql
select user_id||':::'||user_id from bb_bb60.users where row_status = 0;

start.sh (This is run as a cron job and calls names.sh)
##!/bin/bash
cd /usr/local/blackboard/apps/snapshot/data/adobe
su - oracle -c '/usr/local/blackboard/apps/snapshot/data/adobe/names.sh'

cat results.txt > /usr/local/blackboard/content/vi/bb_bb60/plugins/Adbe-AdobeConnectPro/config/_userMapping.dat

echo "Total number of user mappings for Adobe Connect:" > msg
echo `cat /usr/local/blackboard/content/vi/bb_bb60/plugins/Adbe-AdobeConnectPro/config/_userMapping.dat |wc -l` >> msg
echo "\rFirst five lines" >>msg
echo `head -5 /usr/local/blackboard/content/vi/bb_bb60/plugins/Adbe-AdobeConnectPro/config/_userMapping.dat |unix2dos` >> msg
echo "\rLast five lines" >>msg
echo `tail -5 /usr/local/blackboard/content/vi/bb_bb60/plugins/Adbe-AdobeConnectPro/config/_userMapping.dat |unix2dos` >> msg

mailx -s "Adobe Connect Snapshot" bjjgann@liv.ac.uk < msg

#14 2009-06-27 06:47:26

**_rgibson1_**

Man, you have really helped me out. I'm indebted. While not a programmer, I passed your script along to that team. Makes me wonder why Adobe doesn't explain any of this. The "documentation" makes it look as if this just 'happens' automatically. Two other universities (University of Colorado and University of Kansas) have been in contact with me because they are getting ready to do the same integration. I managed to contact one of the Adobe developers who wrote the Building Block, but he's shared very little. I may have more questions for you, so please don't leave this forum! =)

Thanks again!

#15 2009-06-27 07:07:37

**_bjjgann_**

You are welcome. I will stick about :-)

#16 2009-12-05 15:41:52

**_Nova_**

Hello,

Do you have your problem solved ? :)

#17 2009-12-06 13:56:50

**_bjjgann_**

Nova wrote:

Hello,

Do you have your problem solved ? :)

Hello

We never got to the bottom of it. We have also found it doesn't work at all with version 9 of Blackboard.

#18 2009-12-31 00:12:11

**_rgibson1_**

bjjgann:

We're testing Bb version 9 and have run into the same problem. Do you have any leads on who we can contact at Adobe to resolve the issue with the building block/rev 9?

#19 2009-12-31 00:21:04

**_rgibson1_**

bjjgann:

I reported the problem to a John Schuman (jschuman@adobe.com) at Adobe. He's involved with the development at some level. I would be very surprised if I hear back from him, however. I've written him with other questions previously and had zero feedback....

RG

#20 2010-02-14 10:04:35

**_rgibson1_**

bjjgann:

Update. We've been working with a great developer from Adobe. Very talented guy. He's about got the version 9 integrator working. Email me if you need more details....

#21 2010-07-16 02:18:35

**_andykim_**

Thank you everybody. I solved my problem :)

#22 2010-08-02 15:39:47

**_lvankle_**

We are trying to get Blackboard's Adobe Connect Pro building block v.1.0, hosted on our own server, working with our hosted Blackboard instance, v.8.0.475.0. We have worked quite a bit with Blackboard, and they are showing pings and traceroutes are reaching our Adobe server, but there is no evidence on the Adobe server and we are still getting the message in Blackboard "Please contact your Blackboard system administrator as your Community might not have access to Connect Pro."

We have reviewed http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … /index.php and http://www.connectusers.com/tutorials/2 … lguide.php but have not found any answers.

Thanks for any help.

Liz

Board footer