Menu

#1 2015-02-19 15:14:56

cuc1424372190

Circular Dependencies - Adobe Connect 9

Any ideas on how to fix this.

#2 2015-02-23 12:21:51

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Circular Dependencies - Adobe Connect 9

This is most likely due to you have something that causes a loop in a curriculum. So the learner won't be able to move on. Without seeing your curriculum it is very difficulut to provide a meaningful solution, but I would start by removing any learning dependnacies and then reapply them. If you know what object in the curriculum is causing the problem, I would start there and see if you can get it to work.

If you can provide more information about what is throwing the cirucluar dependancy issue, that would help. Also, are you on the current version of Connect or on a licensed deployment running an older version?

#3 2015-02-23 14:20:15

cuc1424372190

Thank you for your response.  The same topic has been discussed in this forum and is closed.  I believe the topic title is What the Heck is Circular Dependency.    I just need to know a segment missing...  Connect Pro does not update the.....  (What?)  See below.

I, as well, have suffered with the illogical "circular dependency" message if steps are not done in the exact order as you described.

However, after spending a lot of time making api/xml calls, and trying to recreate the error, I think I might have a possible explanation (though I'm still developing/testing it).

[removed text...see newer post below]

8 **_lenadionex_** 2009-05-08 15:35:55

Participant

EUREKA!  I got rid of the all circular dependency error messages without rebuilding the curriculum.

The problem is that, when moving items around within a curriculum, Connect Pro does not update the

9 **_CBButler_** 2009-05-12 10:13:05

Participant

EUREKA is right!  Thanks so much for responding!  Let's hope they can work with this so that you don't have to go to all the extra work now...

#4 2015-02-23 15:47:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ah, old thread, old problem. This is actually why I asked what version of Connect you were using. This problem was related to a bug in Connect 8 (think it was 8) that when you changed the order of the objects in a curriculum, Connect didn't update the object's number to reflect it's new location. I'm not sure what happened to the text but the API call that is refferenced is to change the number of the object in the curriculum to the new correct value.

For example if you moved an item that was the 6th object in the curriculum to be the 3rd, it would retain being the 6th object in the DB, so any dependancies put on it to access object #4 would throw a circular depenancy error because Connect still saw it as after object #4. If you are using Connect 9 I know it's not an issue, but it was resolved in a Service pack released in 2009 if I recall correctly.

#5 2015-03-12 07:33:52

cuc1424372190

This is the response I received from Adobe Support

"Yes this was a bug in older versions as well, and most of the use cases for this bug to occur were fixed with the latest versions, however there is still a few use cases left for which I have logged this new bug report #3949264 with our Engineering team.
Mostly we advise to reorder the curriculum again in the order you would like to set pre-requisites to fix the problem, which is what I had advised you to test, however as this is a production course which users are accessing, you can try this with new curriculums.

Also for new curriculums, we would advise to create the folders and the courses in the right desired order, so you are able to prevent running into this problem, until the bug is under investigation by our Engineering team. Please let me know should you need any other information from me or you have any other question."

#6 2015-03-16 11:17:46

Jorma_at_CoSo

Thanks for letting us know it is still a possible issue.

Board footer