Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-27 16:21:32

**_leksem_**

API Action Issue

Hello,

We have run into an issue with the report-bulk-consolidated-transactions api call with Adobe's Connect Pro hosted account since the update.  Anyone else out there having an issue with this call or the API in general when dealing with a hosted account?

Michael

#2 2008-05-27 16:53:44

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: API Action Issue

Try using the new document for XML/API work: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/AcrobatConn … rvices.pdf

There have, no doubt, been some changes.

#3 2008-05-27 18:20:39

**_leksem_**

Thanks Jorma,

We are experiencing time out issues with the call unless we put a very strict filter on it (ie.pull data for just the past couple of hours).  It seems as though the call has been restricted in some way.

It would be interesting to know if Adobe put restrictions on certain API calls to limit exposure and if so, which calls are limited.

Any thoughts out there?

Michael

#4 2008-05-30 16:50:16

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

We're also experiencing painfully slow API call response since the upgrade. In fact, I think it's getting worse. Calls are timing out or even in some cases returning inconsistent errors.

Ouch!

I hope the server upgrades this weekend go some way to addressing these issues. The entire platform has been unstable since the upgrade.

#5 2008-05-30 18:27:21

**_eaksoy_**

We are experiencing the same slow API issues with hosted service. 
When we first developed our code to make XML API calls using v6,we were only setting  the Breeze Session ID in the HTTP request headers and each response was taking less than a sec. However, I just realized that if we don't put "Keep-Alive: XXX" and "Connection: keep-alive" into the request headers, each XML API call with v7  takes 4 to 5 secs. So, we changed our code to add these headers to each request. Right now, the first XML API call on each page still takes 4 to 5 seconds but subsequent calls are fast enough. I also tested this case by making these XML API requests using my browser and watching the headers, and I got the same results: the first call takes 4 to 5 seconds long and then it gets faster. Adobe needs to put a quick fix into this.

Last edited by **_eaksoy_** (2008-05-30 18:28:19)

#6 2008-05-31 10:12:47

**_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_**

Thanks for this tip, I'll try it on our scripts.

I've found that the response time seems to vary based on the Adobe server cluster hosting your account. Check out the difference in response time on these two API calls. The first responds in under a second, the other takes about 6 seconds to respond. The only difference is that one account is in North America and the other is in Europe.

http://admin.acrobat.com/api/xml?action … crobat.com (NA)

http://admin.acrobat.com/api/xml?action … crobat.com (Europe)

Same interface, the only difference is the domain name being called. Go figure!

Adobe is moving all my accounts to the new NA3 cluster this weekend so the problem that I'm having with the European sites may suddenly start affecting the North American sites too on Monday.

Last edited by **_Terry_at_RefinedData_com_** (2008-05-31 10:15:09)

Board footer