Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2008-05-20 14:00:35

**_theppt_**

More video assistance

Specs:
-Presenter 6.2 (have the update for 7, not installed yet)
-PowerPoint 2007
-Sorenson Squeeze 4.3

I've watched the links in posts below to find out all the specs and how to insert video into the slideshow.  When the video is inserted into the player as a "Talking Head," the video plays.

When inserted into a slide, the video will only playback when previewing the show within PowerPoint, but will not play when published. 

It almost seems as if the SWF file format will not work.  I've tried both, the SWF and the FLV as the talking head, but only the FLV will work, and since only the SWF is supported in the slides, that will not work either.

Anyone have any helpful hints or suggestions?

#2 2008-05-21 18:32:10

**_Jorma_at_RealEyes_**

Re: More video assistance

If it's only playing back in the slide show then you inserted the SWF wrong. You must insert SWF files into the slide through the Insert Flash tool within Presenter. If you do the insert media from PPT then it will not work when published because you just created a call out to a file on your local computer. If you insert it through Presenter, then you will not see it in the slide show preview, but will see it when published.

#3 2008-06-28 13:30:43

**_rperkins_**

I have created a video and rendered it as an mpeg2 file. I tried importing it into presenter and it estimated 105 minutes this 4.5min video. I need to know the specs (fps, size, format etc) for inserting an mpeg into power point for presenter or does it even work? The presenter manual said it would take mpegs. Anyone have any advice?

#4 2008-06-29 02:06:39

**_catholicon_**

@theppt:
Firstly, its pretty weird that swf isn't working as the THV. I just hope that the inserted swf is not published for Flash Player 9.

BTW, Presenter 7 allows flv on the slide as well. So, you might actually try 7.

@rperkins:
Presenter would import the mpeg2 file. While importing the video, Presenter would transcode the video into flv according to the selected quality setting.
The video you are importing might be of a pretty high quality so that it would require so much time.

Last edited by **_catholicon_** (2008-06-29 02:27:14)

#5 2008-06-30 08:47:45

**_Daniel_**

re: Rperkins: estimated 105 minutes this 4.5min video.

Is it better to use a free conversion service like Media-Convert to create an FLV before importing into Presenter? One of Presenter 7's selling points is the ability to import all kinds of video. Have seen it choke on relatively small file sizes that are something other than FLV when it tries to import. Do some formats work better than others? Is file size a major consideration?

Thanks for your feedback.

Daniel

#6 2008-07-03 21:02:31

**_rperkins_**

Cathlicon: thanks for your feedback. I know the video is too high a quality, do you by chance know what specs I need to have the video rendered at in order to upload into presenter in a more reasonable amount of time? Also, the video is 4.5min long. in my research I have learned that it's best to keep videos between 3-4min. Would 30sec slow down the uploading that much? BYT, I have presenter 7.

Thanks

Board footer