Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2022-05-23 06:29:43

Battenberg

When Are Changes to Meeting Settings Applied?

My colleagues and I switched the "new AV experience" a few weeks about and I've found to be much more responive, with no lag between the audio and slides, etc., but there are problems this mornings with being unable to connect to "the media server", so we have no sound or video.

Wondering whether turning off the beta option would fix things, I unchecked the box in the meeting settings, but I'm still joining with the "new AV experience", even after logging out.

How long does it take for changes in meeting settings to take effect?  Does the session timeout setting in the Administration section of Connect have a bearing on this?

#2 2022-05-23 10:08:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: When Are Changes to Meeting Settings Applied?

For changes that I would consider 'major changes' to a room, you would probably need to give the room 7-15 minutes of inactivity to close its session on the server and apply changes in a new session. The things that qualify as this have evolved over the years (used to include audio bridge changes, but now doesn't), but I'd qualify it as something that creates a significant change to how the room is configured and run server side.

Making a change between Standard mode and the New AV Experience means it shifts what back end servers are leveraged to deliver the meeting, thus qualifying as a major change in my terminology.

#3 2022-06-07 05:39:29

Battenberg

Re: When Are Changes to Meeting Settings Applied?

Thanks - that's worth bearing in mind!

Board footer