Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2020-01-25 13:27:50

Duncan

ProCamera to USB/HDMI Capture Device

I have a client who prefers webcam streaming via Adobe Connect. During my initial test-run with the client, I connected a Pro Camera via HDMI, to a USB 3.0 to HDMI Capture device.
For those unfamiliar with a HDMI to USB capture devices; the device allows a camera’s HDMI output to be recognized as an external webcam.
For this project, connecting my pro camera to my capture device was my preferred choice for achieving the results I wanted for streaming…instead of using a laptop’s webam, or a small external webcam.
Once I was connected with my preferred set-up ( Pro Camera, and Capture device). I noticed an inaccurate image streaming onto the Adobe Connect web page.
The Live streamed video appeared extremely zoomed in…like 100x. The image was pretty bad, and grainy. I tried trouble shooting to fix the image…but nothing worked.
Is there a way to fix this? I’ve been successful with my preferred set-up ( ProCam and Capture device) on other webstream hosting sites.
Please help.

#2 2020-01-29 10:29:28

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: ProCamera to USB/HDMI Capture Device

This may be due to the resolution of the video selected for the room. In most cases the live video pod will stream a 480P video. I suspect that because of your setup, Connect can't modify the image on your camera so it is getting a 1080 (or larger) stream and having to just pick the 480 image out of it. Try setting the camera to capture a lower resolution image and setting Connect to a higher quality image and see if that improves things.

#3 2020-01-30 08:58:45

MauroBeretta

Hi Duncan, I've tryed several to a USB 3.0 to HDMI Capture device but none of them worked fine. Please, could you suggest me one that works fine? Thanks in advance

#4 2020-02-10 04:02:15

Miska

Hi Duncan,
As you said: "The Live streamed video appeared extremely zoomed in…like 100x. The image was pretty bad, and grainy."
Have you tried to make Video Pod larger?
I have noticed with my setup (HDMI camera and Blackmagic Webpresenter) if the video pod is too small the picture quality can be really bad. And sometimes that zooming can happen if that pod is too small.
If this doesn't help try ManyCam and make your setup as virtual cam and settings to 480p and 20fps.

Board footer