Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-06-15 10:11:34

Rob Nicholson

Are Adobe Connect Pro custom pods still a "thing"?

About ten years ago, when I headed up a small development team, one of the programmers learnt how to write custom pods for Adobe Connect Pro - custom pods developed in Flash/ActionScript I think from memory.

Is this still a thing? They worked pretty well except because they required Flash, they only ran on clients that had the full Flash client.

My current client used these custom pods and has asked if we can do them again in modern Adobe Connect Pro? I've not kept up to date with Adobe Connect Pro except I do know it's moving to HTML5. Has custom pods also moved down this path as well? Client side JavaScript would be fine.

#2 2019-06-18 22:48:45

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Are Adobe Connect Pro custom pods still a "thing"?

The concept of custom pods will move forward with the HTML version of Connect. An SDK will be released to give guidance on how to create new pods for Connect 10.5 and beyond. There is going to be a brief period of time where a hybrid version of the pods will need to be created to accommodate both the HTML (Participant) experience and the Flash (Host and Presenter) experience as Connect grows into the HTML version.

#3 2019-06-20 11:06:59

Rob Nicholson

Thanks Jorma - good to know the concept of custom pods is still on the radar. It does give ACP a real edge over the competition.

#4 2019-11-13 11:06:08

NeilHepworth

Is there any update on when SDK/guidance for hybrid/html pods will be available, anyone heard anything recently?

#5 2019-11-13 11:23:40

Jorma_at_CoSo

Neil,

I believe that you can request the SDK from Adobe at this point. I don't know that the hybrid SDK will be released publicly, as it is a short-term solution. If you work with a reseller, you can have them set up a meeting with Adobe to request it.

Board footer