Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2019-04-16 12:47:40

RaGrzly

Connect 10.2 SSO Release - Hide Fields

Hello

We recently enabled the SSO that came through the 10.2 release. We were surprised by the function and now it's confusing our user base.

When a user initially starts filling out the form to register for event session, it has fields for:
Email:
First name:
Last name:
Password:
Verify password:

Upon filling in the email address, the SSO kicks in and sends the user to our site for authentication and then back to Connect to join the session. This is good in theory but it's confusing our users. They initially see a form with the many fields and when the SSO kicks in they fight it clicking the back button thinking they've done something wrong. Putting in a message won't work either because we all know people don't read. They see fields and assume they know what to do and they aren't wrong in this inclination.

It would be great if there was a way to hide the rest of the fields so that the learner would half way expect something to happen after filling in their email address. We've tried editing the template but it doesn't let you edit the text fields. Is there a way to hide those fields?

Any advice? It's really a design flaw.

#2 2019-04-16 15:54:44

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connect 10.2 SSO Release - Hide Fields

Interesting, it sounds more like a bug to me.

When dealing with an Event, I would expect an external user to fill out the form and create a guest account (that is the purpose of the Events module) while SSO users would login through the link above the form or some other interaction. If filling out the form then prompts a user to login with SSO, that is confusing and counter intuitive.

As for advice, the best I can give is to reach out to Adobe Support. You are on the bleeding edge of this functionality, as it is new to Connect. So there isn't much history or a large pool of users who have yet worked with this option.

To hide those fields would require removing the registration form from the Event template. This would likely result in different problems (no one able to register for the event).

#3 2019-04-22 14:30:12

RaGrzly

Jorma

We reached out to Adobe Support and were unable to sway them to fix this issue. They even asked for this thread to see your response. They admitted today that this is the function and although confusing it was by design...bad design.

An agreed solution is an AEM Adobe Experience Manager > Adobe Connect template groups > Event registration option > There should be "Event Registration - SSO" form with only the email address as a field since it authenticates automatically against the email address. In our mind, since it's a new form, it wouldn't effect anyone else and help the users with SSO.

If anyone out there enables SSO and experiences this issue. Please email Wishbreeze@adobe.com with the following solution above. Once enough users have bought this up as a problem. Adobe will attempt to fix the design.

Jorma...let us know if you have any other thoughts?

Thank you

#4 2019-04-22 14:38:53

Jorma_at_CoSo

My only other thought is to use a different SSO solution. However, that is a suggestion that carries a cost, which I know creates other hurdles.

Shameless self promotion; CoSo Cloud does have an SSO solution that works with accounts Hosted with Adobe. We do have customers that use it with the Events module and we have the ability to create workflows that allow for SSO or Guest registration. I'm happy to discuss that further offline if you would like. You can reach me at jorma.jennings[at]cosocloud.com, should you wish to explore this option.

Board footer