Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-12-24 05:17:21

exarch

HTTP 404 after restart a server

We have Adobe Connect server that was virtualized about two years ago (VMWare). The configuration of the virtual machine has not changed. However, the server has rebooted several times during these two years. There were no problems.

Last week we realized that we did not have enough CPU power. We turned off the virtual machine, cloned it, added the necessary number of vCPUs to the new virtual machine, launched both.

Old VM works without problems. On a new one, when trying to access any Adobe Connect page, we get a 404 error. The error appears when trying to connect from the outside or from the VM itself at http: // localhost. At the same time, the local administrator console is available (localhost: 8510 / console). We also tried to restore the original VM configuration, but this did not solve the problem.

Tell me, please, what could be the problems? What logs or settings we need to check,

Thank you in advance.

#2 2019-01-02 14:24:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: HTTP 404 after restart a server

You have a lot of changes all at once, so it may be hard to nail down exactly where the issue lies.

I'd probably start by verifying that your DNS records point to the new server(s) or that your load balancer points to the new servers, if applicable.

After that, look at the firewall rules and verify the required ports are open on the new server(s).

Will the login page come up if you go directly to the IP of the new server?

#3 2019-01-30 07:45:21

exarch

The admin panel is working. All other pages - 404.
I incorrectly wrote in the first message: both virtual machines have absolutely identical parameters and do not start at the same time.

We noticed that this problem occurs only if the virtual machine is located on a host that has different hardware (the number of logical CPUs and CPUs). If we migrate a virtual machine to an identical host, there is no problem. If we migrate a virtual machine to a host with different hardware, then the problem only occurs after restarting the virtual machine.

Does Adobe Connect bind to the hardware in any way? Is it possible to get around this?

#4 2019-02-04 13:59:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

This is a question that should probably go to the Platinum Support team at Adobe. You can reach them at 866-335-2256 but have your company ID or agreement number when you call.

#5 2020-02-10 04:56:09

djalpha

(i know old forum tread)
i just note it for new issues.

please check all Adobe services runing?

how do you fixed?

thx

Last edited by djalpha (2020-02-10 04:57:50)

#6 2020-04-28 03:59:02

cuc1588063967

I confirm the same case. I backed up my adobeconnect on a 16 core server and transferred to a 28 core server  and faced the same issue . The web server did not start and I seed 404 error.
Can somebody help please.

Last edited by cuc1588063967 (2020-04-28 03:59:18)

Board footer