Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-12-17 11:55:57

connectedwell

Connect repeatedly incorrectly reports "Network connectivity was lost"

I am on a hard-wired network connection with a high-bandwidth pipe to the Internet, and the diagnostic test in Adobe Connect Meeting finds successful connection at LAN speed.
My meeting setup includes use of a software phone on the same computer for audio through an external teleconference bridge.  I'm running on a highly capable Windows 10 Pro computer.

In Adobe Connect, I repeatedly got an error "Connection Lost: Network connectivity was lost. Please wait while the meeting tries to reconnect."  The computer's connection remained strong and the audio was unaffected, so the computer clearly had not lost network connectivity. 

When presenting, this reconnection also required re-selecting to share the screen, and though I always selected the same monitor to share, the application would pick a different monitor to actually share from the one it had picked following that same selection the previous time.  This mean that I had to go into the presentation software (PowerPoint) and change the selection of which monitor to present the show on, and re-launch.  (Also, on starting a screenshare, Adobe Connect would minimize itself and the presentation, and restore all *other* windows, so I had to hide those and go back to the task bar to re-activate PowerPoint after starting the screenshare each time.  That's a separate issue).   

The time between failures increased until it was less than the time required to do the window hiding, re-selecting PowerPoint, reconfiguring monitor for display, and restarting the slide show from current slide, at which point I gave up on using Adobe Connect.  I could also see that other 2 participants in the meeting had similar issues, though again it wasn't due to their machines actually losing network connection.

Why does Adobe Connect so frequently and inaccurately report loss of network connectivity?  What can be done about this, to avoid similar issues in future meetings, other than switching to a competitor?

#2 2018-12-17 17:37:13

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Connect repeatedly incorrectly reports "Network connectivity was lost"

Are there any network settings to disrupt streaming media? Are you connecting through a VPN?

#3 2020-12-02 19:39:40

sthiel

Having this same issue. No network settings to disrupt. I was also kicked out over 10 times yesterday in a 90 min class. I was also connected via a hardwire to my router and not WIFI. Other people in my organization, in other countries, are also experiencing. Any one have any ideas?

#4 2020-12-08 20:38:10

Jorma_at_CoSo

Sounds like maybe a connectivity issue at Adobe's hosting solution. If the problem is isolated to one or a few users it is likely on the user end, if everyone is experiencing the issue it is likely on the provider's end.

Maybe it was a capacity issue with the Hosted environment. Any chance this happened at the top or bottom of the hour?

Board footer