Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2018-09-11 06:25:32

Ethan Hearty

Adobe Connect audio cut out in recording

I was streaming a presentation using the Adobe Connect app which was also being recorded for future use. I have looked over the recording and everything appears to be fine. The microphone is picking up sound without any issue and the screen is being shared fine. However, about 7 minutes into the recording the sound just completely stops as if the microphone has been disconnected but the recording indicates that sound is still being picked up as the 'talking' icon still appears next to my name and I am listed as the current speaker.

Has anybody had a issue similar to this? Is this audio just lost now? If there anything I can do to avoid this in future?

#2 2018-09-13 12:07:39

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Adobe Connect audio cut out in recording

Without being able to see the recording, it's hard to say. There was a bug where no audio would be recorded when using a phone bridge, but I believe that has been resolved.

With the audio dropping mid-recording I'd suggest replaying the recording to see if it always happens at the same time and then possibly looking at the audio file in the recording to see if all of the audio is there. You can download the recording's source files by adding /output/AnyNameHere.zip?download=zip to the URL for your recording. There should be a cameraVoip FLV file. You may need to convert that to an MP3. I use Zamzar. Then use any audio editing application to see what the audio file contains.

If the audio isn't there, then it is just lost. I'd report it to the Connect Support team and see if they have seen the issue before and if there is any way to avoid the issue in the future.

Board footer