Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2017-05-23 07:34:57

Kobster

Upload protected PPT or PPTX

I’m failing to upload protected PPT or PPTX to neither the content in the web portal or the share pod as a document in an Adobe Connect session.

From the web portal content tab I get the following message:
"your content is currently being processed. Thank you for your patience" and nothing happens.

From the share pod I get the following message:
"there was an error converting your file".

Any suggestions ?

Regards

Kobi

#2 2017-05-23 12:00:58

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Upload protected PPT or PPTX

I believe you'll need to remove the protection from the PPT(X) file. When you upload the PPT(X) file Connect will convert it to a Flash based version of the presentation which is what is delivered through the on-demand link or in the Meeting room. This version is non-editable and isn't available for download, so protection should be something that is part of uploading it to Connect.

Access to the Flash version and its source files is also controlled by you. If you want to share the protected PPT(X) with others in a Connect Meeting, you should upload the protected version to the Files pod in Connect. This won't prompt any conversion of the presentation and just be deliverable as a download from within the Meeting.

#3 2017-05-24 06:56:53

Kobster

Re: Upload protected PPT or PPTX

Thank you !

It would be nice if such feature could be added in the future, for example a prompt that asks for the password and then the conversion takes place.

Regards

Kobster

Board footer