Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-09-18 15:41:17

Raffoz

Compatibility with MacOS Sierra

Is Adobe Connect compatible with MacOS Sierra?

#2 2016-09-30 06:59:50

NobbyC

Re: Compatibility with MacOS Sierra

The add in will not start. Quite frankly I have had it with Adobe Connect. If they cannot stay compatible they can find another customer. Its just not worth the trouble.

#3 2016-09-30 10:15:55

Jorma_at_CoSo

Ok, seriously NobbyC? So Apple releases a new version of their OS which changes how Safari handles loading 3rd party applications and it's Adobe's fault it doesn't work? I don't get it.

Connect can't be developed to be compatible with future changes of software from other manufactures. I'm sure that Adobe is working on a solution, but it will be in the form of an update to address the changes that Apple made.

For what it's worth, the Connect Add-in will launch with any other web browser.

I'm sorry to hear you have had frustration with Connect, but in this case your frustration would be more appropriately sent to Apple.

#4 2017-03-01 14:58:50

CarahsoftAwolf

Yes, adobe connect is completely functional with MacOS Sierra. I use my Mac more so than I do Windows and have had zero issues running Adobe Connect, including screen sharing.

Here's a good place to start: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/removing-sandbox-restrictions-your-safari.html

I have a early 2015 model Mac running macOS Sierra with Safari as my browser.

Board footer