Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-11-08 09:10:56

KClls

Being prompted for account URL on login screen

Since our Connect account was upgraded to 9.5.7 four of five of our team members are now asked to provide our account URL on the login page, where previously we were only asked for the username and password. I am the administrator for our account and am not prompted for the URL. Is this a permanent requirement upon sign-in?

#2 2016-11-08 12:23:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Being prompted for account URL on login screen

When you say provide the account URL, what do you mean? Can you provide a screen shot of the page the users are seeing?

If the screen they look like the screen shot below, it is because there are multiple accounts on the same server cluster that the user has the same login and password. This isn't new to functionality since 9.5.7, and the user will just need to change their password on one of the accounts to stop seeing this screen.

Adobe%20Connect%20-%20Login%20same%20across%20mulitple%20accounts.JPG

If they are seeing something different, please share it so we can work out what is happening.

#3 2016-11-11 08:06:54

e-slinger

Hello,

I have seen this too...i dont have a screenshot of it but it has happened to several of my users over the last month.
When you hit the splash page it typically asks for user name and password to authenticate...in these cases it also asks for the account url but gives the "@adobeconnect.com"

It happens once until the user inputs it and then it seems to be resolved.

I haven't gotten a screen-shot of it yet, but i do have a mock up that shows what it looks like (although i can't get it into this thread)

Let me know how to get the image into the reply and i will share it with you.

- Slinger

#4 2016-11-11 11:21:30

Jorma_at_CoSo

Slinger,

You have to use the BBCode tags to get images in. Meaning you have to host your images elsewhere, and then embed thm here. The Image imbed tag is img.

[img]image link here[/img]

#5 2016-11-15 13:15:05

Jorma_at_CoSo

I was finally able to get a screen shot of the issue. I'll pass this along to Adobe Support, but if anyone has heard from them about this, please share the expected solution.

Adobe%20Connect%20-%20URL%20Login%20Issue.jpg

#6 2016-11-16 12:55:10

m.canuck

I am also experiencing this issue. I see this thread was started last week, has there been any progress on a resolution? Trying to login without entering the URL information produces a 'Required Field' error message.

Regards

#7 2016-11-16 15:18:11

Jorma_at_CoSo

This is the new workflow that can be expected for users with mutiple accounts on the same hosted cluster using identical login credentials. This change came with the update for 9.5.7 to improve security.

Here is a blog post from Adobe explaining it.

http://blogs.adobe.com/connectsupport/c … -accounts/

#8 2016-11-16 15:32:14

Jorma_at_CoSo

And as a second followup, I think I have found a common workflow that may cause this issue. It is likely related to users using saved URL's for accessing Connect. If users are using the URL that is directly linked to your account, then they are not prompted to add the Account URL when loggin in. For example:

http://realeyesconnect.adobeconnect.com/

However, if I were to use the link that is to the server cluster but references my account, I'm prompted to give the Account URL.

https://na3cps.adobeconnect.com/system/ … onnect.com

So, I'd venture a guess to say that the individuals seeing this prompt for additional information are using a link that calls to the server cluster.

#9 2016-12-05 12:44:09

e-slinger

Jorma,

That second follow up is the situation for me as well. I read your post and went back an looked, and sure enough...if i launched the site from a saved url that had the call to the cluster i was prompted for the additional detail. If i went direct to it then i was not.

Thanks!

Board footer