Adobe Connect User Community
Menu

#1 2016-07-20 09:59:19

m.canuck

Cannot import new users to group via CSV file

I am trying to import a .csv file of new users and add them to a group. I am using the following format (example):

first-name,    last-name,    login,    email,    password
Mary,    Anderson,    Mary.Anderson,    mary.anderson@email.ca,    Training16

which looks like this in Notepad:

first-name,    last-name,    login,    email,    password
Mary,    Anderson,    Mary.Anderson,    mary.anderson@email.ca,    Training16

It looks like I have spaces but I have gone into each cell and verified I don't have spaces at the beginning or end of the data. I don't know how to tell if my file is UTF-8 encoded or not.

I have tried multiple approaches: all data in one column, data across multiple columns, removing the login column to allow Connect to use the email address as login, removing the commas.

For now, I only have a few users to add so I can create them manually but soon I will need to add a large number and would like to figure this out. I'm really hoping someone can point out my error.

#2 2016-07-20 10:28:04

Jorma_at_CoSo

Re: Cannot import new users to group via CSV file

In Notepad, it should look like:

first-name,last-name,login,email,password
Mary,Anderson,Mary.Anderson,mary.anderson@email.ca,Training16

I create my CSV's in Excel but verify the formating in Notepad prior to uploading to Connect. If there are any spaces, they need to be removed while in Notepad to ensure that they are not in the CSV file. Spreadsheet applications can add spaces or put them in places you don't see or expect.

#3 2016-07-20 10:41:52

m.canuck

I removed the spaces in Notepad then pasted the data back into the CSV file as text but I get the same error. Could Excel be re-adding spaces?

#4 2016-07-20 11:19:24

Jorma_at_CoSo

It could be. You should be able to save the CSV as a CSV when working in Notepad. Just change the Save as type option to All Files (*.*)

Adobe%20Connect%20-%20CSV%20-%20Save%20as%20CSV.JPG

#5 2016-07-20 15:38:17

m.canuck

That worked! Thanks so much!

Board footer